• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Short term internet connections.

DTS

The Business
Help,

Wont bore anyone with detils but basically Mrs DtS and I moved out of our lovely house when our baby was born as Mrs DtS somehow convinced me it was a good idea to rent our home out and move in with our inlaws for six months to give us some suppor.

After two and a bit months they have driven us both up the wall to the point where we couldnt stand them anymore and we have moved out into one of my flats until May when we can get our house back.

I used too have BT Broadband back in the day at this flat but no have nothing. I spoke a few providers but all want you to comitte to an 18 months contrac which clearly we cant do as we moving back to our home which has internet.

Mrs DtS brought a dongle or something similar from Orange but is about as fast as Neville Southall the current speed is 7.2 mphs which i am guessing is ****? Its say the connection is excellent bu I beg to differ.

Can anyone give me an idea how we can get broadband for a few months without comitting to a long term contract?

Help,

Wont bore anyone with detils but basically Mrs DtS and I moved out of our lovely house when our baby was born as Mrs DtS somehow convinced me it was a good idea to rent our home out and move in with our inlaws for six months to give us some suppor.

After two and a bit months they have driven us both up the wall to the point where we couldnt stand them anymore and we have moved out into one of my flats until May when we can get our house back.

I used too have BT Broadband back in the day at this flat but no have nothing. I spoke a few providers but all want you to comitte to an 18 months contrac which clearly we cant do as we moving back to our home which has internet.

Mrs DtS brought a dongle or something similar from Orange but is about as fast as Neville Southall the current speed is 7.2 mphs which i am guessing is ****? Its say the connection is excellent bu I beg to differ.

Can anyone give me an idea how we can get broadband for a few months without comitting to a long term contract?

Steal someone elses wireless.

Or - there are some companies that do no contract broadband, but you have to pay connection fees etc. I think Metronet used to do this (but they were bought out by another company)

Take up an offer of a free month's trial?

You may have to switch around a couple of times, but it should be possible. If you are moving house you should be able to transfer it anyway.

Use dial up as a sort of self punishment for listening to your mrs in the first place. Then every time you use it, it will remind you not to make the same mistake again.

I'm on Be Unlimited and have no complaints. It's a reliable and quick connection, for me at least. I've no idea what their customer service is like as I've never had cause to deal with them.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/

"thinkbroadband.com (formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk) is the UK's largest independent broadband news and information site. We provide independent advice and details on the services offered by Broadband Service Providers so you can make an informed decision as to who to use as your supplier"

They have a search facility, where one of the options is "contract length".

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/search/package/basic.html

Back