• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should football fans be allowed to drink beer in their seats?

Should football fans be allowed to drink alcohol in their seats?

• Yes

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • No

Votes: 35 81.4%

• Total voters
20 years ago I'd have said yes, yes, yes - now I'm older it'll be a no, no, no! Maybe as well as standing areas, perhaps there can be booze seating/standing (and obvs no booze seating)??

Imagine this at Roots Hall

As a massively keen golf fan, the Phoenix open is the only competition known for this sort of thing. Although at first glances it's looks pretty funny, it happened a few times on the same day and was quite dangerous. Also the greens are so soft and spongy that any small dent in them makes huge difference which you saw when other groups came in and the line on their putts were massively affected and cost them shots. When each shot could potentially cost you a few million quid, there's a lot on the line.

But to answer your question, no I wouldn't let fans do this at football matches.

Not for me. I'm happy to have a drink before the game, sometimes at half time or after the game but i've never wanted to have a drink during the game (except a water to help a cough etc)

I've seen these fan parks on tv during the world cups and Euros and often think, that would be quite a nice atmosphere to watch a game, surrounded by others who want the same result, then i see what happens if we score a goal and you get drenched in beer. I'm not sure I'd want to then sit in beer soaked clothes.

It’s just not a good thing being covered in beer. You go home. Open the door, smile sheepishly....

“My God! How much have you had to drink?”

“But but but...”

“Just look at you, you disgrace of a man. You couldn’t even find your own mouth with the glass.”

“But but but...”

“Sleep on the settee, I’m not having you anywhere near me tonight.”

“Yes dear.”

Just not worth it. You’d be sitting there praying we don’t score.

tmM673.gif

yJRuON.gif

VvVuAr.gif

SusE1v.gif

noOS6a.gif

9TclOa.gif

OsrNrS.gif

TlQQyq.gif

Football, drinking and seats don’t mix. A half lasts longer than a pint or someone’s bladder once they’ve opened the seal. The issue here though is seats rather than drinking though. Re-introduce standing. Not that it has gone away as anyone who travels most weeks in the division can attest.

Also the beer at the football is invariably **** and some sort of watered down Carlsberg/Greene King in plastic cups that isn’t worth drinking.

Last time I was in the west stand majority of the fans were drinking. Thought it added to the atmosphere

Stream the game being played at the stadium to TV screens in the bar areas at the stadium. Then those that want to have a drink can still watch the game, and those that just want to watch the game can do so without however many people wish to squeeze past you because they want a beer, need yet another toilet break etc

It’s just not a good thing being covered in beer. You go home. Open the door, smile sheepishly....

“My God! How much have you had to drink?”

“But but but...”

“Just look at you, you disgrace of a man. You couldn’t even find your own mouth with the glass.”

“But but but...”

“Sleep on the settee, I’m not having you anywhere near me tonight.”

“Yes dear.”

Just not worth it. You’d be sitting there praying we don’t score.
Just hold her hand in public--That will solve your problem!!!

It shouldn't - but sadly probably does.

Bit like drinking at Rugby matches doesn't appear to be particularly problematic
It’s been a big problem at the Principality Stadium which has been branded ‘the worlds biggest pub’

Back