• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Mobile phones be on silent in the office

Mobile phones in the office- a capital offence or not ?

• Yes, the sound of crap music at regular intervals makes my Day

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • I don't have a problem as long as the ringtone is not too irritating or loud

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Why leave them on the desk then walk away, its a mobile you moron...

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • They should all be on silent and if I hear Lily Feckin Allen again I will kill someone

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters
It is a tune...a bloody annoying one though when the ringtone is just Slash's guitar lick over and ****ing over again! :guns:

Aye I can imagine that be damn annoying, ring tones just suck full stop really except my raining blood one that I haven't got anymore cos my phone is ****ed! :(

I'm getting a Nokia N70 soon though!

Chill people there is more important stuff to get wound up about.

Of course it is the fault of the manufacturers who give us the option to turn them off. As we do not seem to mind at all when a desktop phone rings, it makes me laugh that someone in my office has a very loud desktop ring but goes apopletic if he hears a mobile going off no matter what the volume.

As one to never be bothered by such things, after all it is an office not a f***ing library!! I just put my headphones on and listen to my tunes so I do not have to hear the recurring debate about people leaving mobiles on a desk or how next time if he/she leaves it on the desk I will put it in a glass of water.

Oh and for the record - I do always have my mobile on mute in the office so as not to add to the stress of these poor fragile creatures.

Last edited:
Can I ask, Do any of you... Actually need to use your mobile on a daily basis in your job?

So can I ask, Im in another office, my mobile rings, i miss the call and then my client is busy for the next 3 days... and then i miss a call that could be a catch up or worth 30 grand... Of which I get a big % of... id rather **** all the "im a boring ****er who gets ****ed of with some ones mobile ringing .com" people off than miss a call like that

Yeah sod that... Whats the problem with answering you mobile at work... 2 things at once maybe? Even males can do it... Most of my day is spent on my mobile

Can I ask, Do any of you... Actually need to use your mobile on a daily basis in your job?

Difficult to contact signal boxes and Electrical control Rooms (based at Rugby or Crewe) when you're on track, avoiding Pendolino's in the pouring rain and fixing the equipment so you ungrateful commuters can get home for Countdown....

Fortunately don't do that any more :)

So can I ask, Im in another office, my mobile rings, i miss the call and then my client is busy for the next 3 days... and then i miss a call that could be a catch up or worth 30 grand... Of which I get a big % of... id rather **** all the "im a boring ****er who gets ****ed of with some ones mobile ringing .com" people off than miss a call like that

Yeah sod that... Whats the problem with answering you mobile at work... 2 things at once maybe? Even males can do it... Most of my day is spent on my mobile

Business Mobiles should not have customised ringtones as they are 1) to be left on in the office and 2) will sound highly unprofessional

Personal mobiles should not be used for incoming business call, if they are then the user should be professional enough not to have a stupid ringtone

Also, does anyone else find people breaking off a work related conversation to answer their mobile (generally to take a personal call) down right rude...

I have always worked in offices where personal calls have been allowed but only in moderation, as we were told the office was for work (not feckin about on SZ)

Business mobile left in the office, WHAT? Ive never heard this before, but yes my phone does just go "ring ring"

Personal mobile, mine is, and i use it for all my incoming business calls, as my client save that number rather than the other number, nowing im availalable all times needed...

I would never put a client before i a personal call, unless it was a family member as they only ever call me in office hours for a emergency.

I switch both my phones off as soon I get into the office now. I never used to, but also there is no reception in here so pointless wasting the battery

On silent, definitely. It's really annoying when someone's phone keeps going off and you're trying to get some work done :mad:

Your office is the street so you don't have the same issues....

Apparently I can't give you any more rep but it's good of you to rumble Kev as the drug dealer he is.

He still has a love for the street though.

Can we keep my drug dealing activities for another thread, on another site, please ...

:rolleyes:

Back