• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown Stay ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The terrible year of 2016. Stupid comments etc.

I understand your feelings but I think that is now past and I'm sure if we go flying up the league you'll think differently.
I always said that I wouldn't judge until November and I'll stick by that.

If he ever plays 1 lone forward ever again....instant sack
If he continues with the present set up........I need to think about his future:winking:

If he ever plays 1 lone forward ever again....instant sack
If he continues with the present set up........I need to think about his future:winking:

He didn't have a choice, Mooney and Cox are both poachers with no strength in the air so we looked awful when they played together, having just Mooney up front and flooding the midfield when he inevitably didn't win the ball played long made more sense than persisting with 4-4-2. Now that we have Fortune and Ranger we can play 2 up front.

I understand your feelings but I think that is now past and I'm sure if we go flying up the league you'll think differently.
I always said that I wouldn't judge until November and I'll stick by that.

It won't, plus I don't see us flying up the league anyway imo.

He didn't have a choice, Mooney and Cox are both poachers with no strength in the air so we looked awful when they played together, having just Mooney up front and flooding the midfield when he inevitably didn't win the ball played long made more sense than persisting with 4-4-2. Now that we have Fortune and Ranger we can play 2 up front.

I wouldn't bother wasting your breathe, every thread this comes out and many people have pointed out exactly what you have, but unfortunately it never goes in!!

I previously said I had eventually come down on the Brown out side, but nothing would make me happier than see him turn it around. To be fair, I believe he is on the road to doing that, and I am happy.

My only fear is another run if injuries could reveal how thin our squad is, so I would like to see the squad strengthened in January.

Said on the last vote we had seen an improvement so he needed a few more games and thankfully we have continued that run.

Hopefully players can stay fit and we can continue to compete now so more than happy for Brown to continue.

Spot on, there was no point in persisting with two up front at the time, we were getting spanked and sitting in the relegation zone, he had to try to stop us getting thrashed and flooding the midfield made sense. Cox and Mooney was no better than Mooney on his own so why play both just for the sake of it.

Right now with everyone back "fit" and enough decent strikers and with Ranger and Fortune to play alongside one of them we are playing the right formation and with Wordsworth back the midfield has a little more quality in as well.

We're currently 15th in League One, I'd be more than happy if we finish there bearing in mind that we lost our two best players in the summer and we have to continue to play at a dire stadium that is one of the worst league grounds in the country.

We have made steady progress under Brown in all of his seasons here and he more than deserves to continue his good work at the club.

He's found short term solutions that were glaringly obvious. Long-term he's still not a good enough manager and I'll be surprised if he's here come the start of next season.

Exactly how I see it. While he's getting results we can't complain, and I am proud of the fact that our club is one of the few left that gives managers time. The players seem to have got some of their confidence back, but I still think he has significant shortcomings as a manager, and the next bad run is probably not that far away. But for now, Brown in. :thumbsup:

Back