• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Show Ron the Red TODAY!

Glad you have it all planned out get another owner. How silly I didn't think of that. Its all so simple. Except is not!

So hypothetically Ron calls your bluff. Says sod this and walks away with a loss and no return from FF.

What happens next. Us in the other camp don’t have apathy. We see no other viable future which DOES NOT MEAN we endorse what Ron is doing.

Exactly. Just because we are not waving red cards about and shouting at the chairman, doesn't mean we don't care and don't want to see a better Southend United.

To suggest otherwise is shallow and lazy thinking.

If we have people on the playing area again I fear we will divide the fans - so hopefully you will add the same advise as previously. And that same advise clearly to the crowd outside before the game. The last thing we need is protesters on the pitch being booed by fans. This is a real possibility.
Watch out for penalties - from the National League in the way of a points deduction !

Why are chants not directed towards Brown he is the one picking the team and yet again has put Murphy and Dalby on the bench today. Fans are ****ed off with the position the club are in yet we don’t play our best team. He is the one who has lost the plot.

Pointless protest. All it does is disrupt play and creates uncertainty in the players minds. Get behind the Blues, stop this stupidity and accept that nothing will change until the new stadium is built.

Firstly how does your first paragraph help the club? It doesn’t it just means players we may want won’t join because the toxic atmosphere and sponsors etc won’t want to be associated with us just to begin with. He has weathered numerous storms from fans and it is very clear that he isn’t going to sell until the new stadium has been delivered.

Secondly you comment that I’m happy to watch the club become a laughing stock which is not true. What is true is you lot wanting to protest have no plan and no ideas as to what other solutions there are it’s just all this Ron out bollocks! Let me make something very very clear. If Ron goes now we are ****ed! If he goes after the new stadium is built then great let him have his moment and then let us have our club back. THAT WILL NOT CHANGE BEFORE THE STADIUM IS DONE. How about you reach out to him and see how we can help push things forward instead?

Let me also make something very clear. IF YOU THINK RON MARTIN IS THAT BAD WHY DONT YOU HAVE A LOOK AT THE BURY OWNERS, CHARLTON, BOLTON, ORIENT AND SO ON! Ron may not be the greatest owner but he has kept us going all this time and yes he has made a lot of mistakes too.
We are already there, that's why we've slipped into non-league! The club's reputation will not rise up out of the gutter in football and business circles until he is gone. It's that simple.

Using those clubs as a barometer for depth of failure says it all really. 2 of them weren't taken out of the EFL for the first time in over a century. Charlton and Orient owners bought the club as playthings and didn't rely on those clubs to keep themselves afloat financially - if they did, then they wouldn't have given into fan pressure and some them.

And typing in capital letters doesn't make you right.

Show Ron The Red!

Show your displeasure at how our football club is being mismanaged at today's home match vs. Chesterfield. From 2.00pm, representatives from Save Our Southend will handing out red cards to supporters around the area outside Roots Hall.

We urge all fans to join us in holding this card up at 19:06 minutes into the match. We feel that this will be symbolic with the club having been founded in 1906.

At the same time, make your voices heard around Roots Hall with a loud chant of "Martin Out".

Enough is enough!

#RedCardRon #MartinOut View attachment 17043
That graphic hurts my eyes.

We are already there, that's why we've slipped into non-league! The club's reputation will not rise up out of the gutter in football and business circles until he is gone. It's that simple.

Using those clubs as a barometer for depth of failure says it all really. 2 of them weren't taken out of the EFL for the first time in over a century. Charlton and Orient owners bought the club as playthings and didn't rely on those clubs to keep themselves afloat financially - if they did, then they wouldn't have given into fan pressure and some them.

And typing in capital letters doesn't make you right.
Just making the points clear! I don’t think neither of us are right in everything we are saying but I certainly don’t think there is a huge majority one way or the other. Opinions differ for everyone.

At this moment in time given Ron had appointed a CEO and has provided funds to the manager to attract and bring in players I would suggest the focus should be on giving Phil Brown the Red Card…this team and squad should not be in this league position but they are due to Brown not Martin

I didn’t know that this was going to happen before I arrived at the game

But I thought that on the 19th minute it was a very power visual display across all stands of the mood of the fan base

I don’t condone the pitch invasion during the game but the red card and a good venting of “Ron Out” certainly helped me (and I am sure many others) express my frustration / dispare over what has happening over the last three years

I support Ron in getting the new stadium. Just don’t think he should get involved in the football side of things

Back