• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Show us your favourite SUFC photo of you and...

brighton-jpg.29314

Pre match Brighton 76 F.A. Cup 3rd Rd. Good loyal mates who shared many adventures together 70-78, Alas 2 of those no longer with us ( R.I.P ) Tricky Dickie & Oz. X
Lots of Leigh faces there T. That was some mob when there was about 60 of them. Is that Chris Facey in the middle? Also, Tricky and Oz were the youngest out of that lot.

Last edited:
Trip down memory lane. On the pitch at Newcastle early on a Saturday morning back in the day of Southend Supporter's matches. Overnight trip, went to see St James Park and ground staff let us walk out on the pitch and look around. Great bunch of lads and we put a load of miles on the clock during the late 80's early 90's great times.
Not forgetting the game against their supporters where I scored with my knee and Darryl Smith slaughtered me in his write up. Great days. Great group. What a time to be young

Lots of Leigh faces there T. That was some mob when there was about 60 of them. Is that Chris Facey in the middle? Also, Tricky and Oz were the youngest out of that lot.
Yes That's Chris aka 'Roller'!. You're right about Tricky & Oz (RIP both of them). P.P in the pic was from Shoebury but was a Leigh Comm member. T.S in the pic was an Eastwood guy, who didn't go to Leigh Comm.
When we played at Cambridge Dec 71, Leigh Comm ran a coach from there 50 strong. And as you know, Gillingham away April 72 Leigh Comm had 4 coach's leaving from The Elms, although not all the 200 who boarded went to 'The Comm'!.

Yes That's Chris aka 'Roller'!. You're right about Tricky & Oz (RIP both of them). P.P in the pic was from Shoebury but was a Leigh Comm member. T.S in the pic was an Eastwood guy, who didn't go to Leigh Comm.
When we played at Cambridge Dec 71, Leigh Comm ran a coach from there 50 strong. And as you know, Gillingham away April 72 Leigh Comm had 4 coach's leaving from The Elms, although not all the 200 who boarded went to 'The Comm'!.
Yes T. I mentioned Chris Facey because he was also quite a prominent member of the old Sutton Arms lot. So like me he would hang about in Southend and Leigh with different lads. Sometimes I would go to the big games with a meeting in Leigh(Usually Leigh Elms), and sometimes I would go with the Sutton Arms lot, who also had huge numbers as it was a mix of all the local areas.

Yes T. I mentioned Chris Facey because he was also quite a prominent member of the old Sutton Arms lot. So like me he would hang about in Southend and Leigh with different lads. Sometimes I would go to the big games with a meeting in Leigh(Usually Leigh Elms), and sometimes I would go with the Sutton Arms lot, who also had huge numbers as it was a mix of all the local areas.
Do you remember when The Sutton Arms had the downstairs bar, decked out looking like individual space/ice capsules, early 70's?.

Last time i saw Chris was at Carl's funeral, along with many old faces, Jay Martin etc etc.

Back