• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Show us your favourite SUFC photo of you and...

Last time i saw Chris was at Carl's funeral, along with many old faces, Jay Martin etc etc.
Yes, I was there and saw him. He doesn't look quite the Roller now though, Lol. Funny enough, Carl was more Sutton Arms than Leigh after the age of about 17. Then in his last few years, he was always in Leigh and the Leigh pubs.

Yes, I was there and saw him. He doesn't look quite the Roller now though, Lol. Funny enough, Carl was more Sutton Arms than Leigh after the age of about 17. Then in his last few years, he was always in Leigh and the Leigh pubs.
Carl was living back in Leigh i est for his last 20 years, but as you rightly state became more of a Southender than a Leighite in earlier years, before moving to Exeter for a time.

Carl was living back in Leigh i est for his last 20 years, but as you rightly state became more of a Southender than a Leighite in earlier years, before moving to Exeter for a time.
Carl always said that marriage was a curse, as almost all those Sutton Arms lot that went all that way to Exeter for it, have all sadly passed. Chis Axe, Podge, Liquid Ray, Peter Night, and a couple of others. The only one left I can think of is Graham S. I know the stag night got crazy, as you can imagine with that lot. I think they all got arrested after trouble with the locals. I will ask Graham next time I see him.

Carl always said that marriage was a curse, as almost all those Sutton Arms lot that went all that way to Exeter for it, have all sadly passed. Chis Axe, Podge, Liquid Ray, Peter Night, and a couple of others. The only one left I can think of is Graham S. I know the stag night got crazy, as you can imagine with that lot. I think they all got arrested after trouble with the locals. I will ask Graham next time I see him.
At the protest walk to the ground from Pier Hill 2 weeks ago, i walked with him up till Vic Ave, when i lost him!.

Trip down memory lane. On the pitch at Newcastle early on a Saturday morning back in the day of Southend Supporter's matches. Overnight trip, went to see St James Park and ground staff let us walk out on the pitch and look around. Great bunch of lads and we put a load of miles on the clock during the late 80's early 90's great times.
How many chicken McNuggets had Clive (it was Clive right?) the coach driver had already that morning?

Living so far away they don’t get to visit the Hall very often. But despite living on the other side of the world if you asked them who they support you’d get the answer “Southend United”. Probably followed by “we don’t have a choice because of Dad” 😂

So when I do get to take them there it’s extra special. Here’s to more visits in the future (not something I was sure was going to happen till a few days ago).

Attachments

• IMG_3025.jpeg
    IMG_3025.jpeg
    233.7 KB · Views: 103
How many chicken McNuggets had Clive (it was Clive right?) the coach driver had already that morning?
I think he had done XXL jumbo all day breakfast at a truckers stop, with extra bubble and chips, he was dieting at the time so avoided the fried slice ! I kid you not.

Difficult to choose but here are three I could readily find:

The first was taken about five years ago by Dave Shields in one of his typical crowd scenes (no floodlight or puddle though) and has me flanked by my son Jim and my old pal Colin Rickards in our old East Stand season ticket seats with Posnack being annoying behind as usual.

safe_image.jpg

The second is of the group of collectors I got together for Moody Blues day back in Aug 2017 - what a great day that was which was the start of so much more

DSC_2042.JPG

And the third is shortly after when we got Alan back to Roots for the first time and the the legend that is Sid Broomfield was one of the many that popped in to say hello

DSC_2079.JPG

Back