• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Show us your favourite SUFC photo of you and...

When we won the friends in football tournament at Notts County.
I am technically in that photo as I lent one of the team my shirt!! 😁 He obvious wasn't a ringer but a truly dedicated fan who just didn't have the right kit! 😇

Not me but one of my favourite pictures of a Legend with a Leg End & this is Barry No Listen sulking really big time.

We had the pleasure of both The Goat & Adam Barrett on our table at the players do. What nobody knew is that a Teatotal Goat could outtalk a Halfcut Harris. At one stage AB had table napkins in both ears such was the noise level from these two. A great night.

1536.jpg

Not me but one of my favourite pictures of a Legend with a Leg End & this is Barry No Listen sulking really big time.

We had the pleasure of both The Goat & Adam Barrett on our table at the players do. What nobody knew is that a Teatotal Goat could outtalk a Halfcut Harris. At one stage AB had table napkins in both ears such was the noise level from these two. A great night.

View attachment 29546

That is superb

I am technically in that photo as I lent one of the team my shirt!! 😁 He obvious wasn't a ringer but a truly dedicated fan who just didn't have the right kit! 😇
Probably my mate Broughy. I believe his favourite team was the super Shrimpers but he wasn't a regular attendee. My other mate Weeksy wasn't a regular but I think he had his own shirt.
Can my mullet get a special mention as it was worthy of a trophy on its own 🤔😉

Yes That's Chris aka 'Roller'!. You're right about Tricky & Oz (RIP both of them). P.P in the pic was from Shoebury but was a Leigh Comm member. T.S in the pic was an Eastwood guy, who didn't go to Leigh Comm.
When we played at Cambridge Dec 71, Leigh Comm ran a coach from there 50 strong. And as you know, Gillingham away April 72 Leigh Comm had 4 coach's leaving from The Elms, although not all the 200 who boarded went to 'The Comm'!.
I dont remember Roller being a Leigh boy , Cambridge about 12/15 of us went up on our own . A lot of us were barred at the time from Leigh Com and there was a bit of needle between some of our crew and Leigh Com , will always remember my cousin he must of been about 12/13 standing shoulder to shoulder with Steve Scarrot and Al Vincent scrapping with a load of Cambridge , he had some bottle give him that .

Given Chris Phillips efforts for SE MIND with his 24hr livestream feels right to post this one of my lad Liam with CB, truly was a genuine nice guy who always took time out to stop and chat both before and after games or in the High Street if Liam bumped into him, sometimes literally with his wheelchair! Kicked a ball around with Liam on MTBD's and left a fond memory and impression on him. Taken to soon but Liam only has happy memories to take forward.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1697987128691.jpg
    FB_IMG_1697987128691.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 48
Great photo @BEERMONSTER. I've see Liam at the last couple of games & wow he looks good.
He needed a comfort break on the way out of the Blue Boar on Saturday & it was great to see him get up & walk into the facility, even if it was the ladies!!! 😁😁

Back