• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Shrewsbury (A)

Starting XI

• Oxley

Votes: 80 90.9%
  • Bishop

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Bwomono

Votes: 81 92.0%
  • Demetriou

Votes: 58 65.9%
  • Ralph

Votes: 55 62.5%
  • Blackman

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Kiernan

Votes: 85 96.6%
  • Shaughnessy

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • Lennon

Votes: 71 80.7%
  • Hutchinson

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Milligan

Votes: 49 55.7%
  • Mantom

Votes: 52 59.1%
  • Hamilton

Votes: 55 62.5%
  • Dieng

Votes: 18 20.5%
  • Hyam

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • McLaughlin

Votes: 83 94.3%
  • Hutchinson

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Ndukwu

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Goodship

Votes: 68 77.3%
  • Cox

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Humphrys

Votes: 87 98.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think he won the ball a number of times Saturday and drove forward a number of times to.. Genuinely cant remember Manton doing either... Both are dog **** , dont get me wrong, but I would class Hamilton as the dry white kind easier on the eye and foot, not the other awful light brown smell kind that Mantom is

you dont see much of the white stuff anymore.

you dont see much of the white stuff anymore.
I picked it all up... Having said that, now foods have predominantly changed to this dried stuff, their stools are becoming alot firmer... sometimes in the park I dont even use a bag to pick my dogs up... I enjoy wiping my hands in the dew lush grass

No thanks. Neither should start ever again

so weird - the world of opinions

I think Milligan is a knackered old waste of space and a second rate show pony while Dieng is a proven League on pro and Hyam can do a holding job.

I think we need a definite midfield 3 - from Mantom, Hyam, Hamilton, Dieng - with Macca as a wide man cos he does his defensive work.

Maybe chance Hutchinson up front with Hump if Cox off form - he cannot hold his own in a league midfield yet ...

I'd start with the same team that finished Saturdays game except switching out Ndukwu for McLaughlin.

SOUTHEND United's caretaker Gary Waddock is hopeful Nathan Ralph will be fit to face Shrewsbury Town tomorrow night.

More...

I think Milligan is a knackered old waste of space and a second rate show pony while Dieng is a proven League on pro and Hyam can do a holding job.

I think we need a definite midfield 3 - from Mantom, Hyam, Hamilton, Dieng - with Macca as a wide man cos he does his defensive work.

Maybe chance Hutchinson up front with Hump if Cox off form - he cannot hold his own in a league midfield yet ...

Only thing Hyam can hold is his hair in place with that alice band

If Dieng and Hyem are available then how about starting with either of them and usi g the other as sub for when the starter tries or gets carded and stops tackling for risk of red?
Show Hutch the vid of his errors, coach the positive points and work thru the options, give him more game time to show he is a learner and player we want him to be. Not a youngster learning his craft by warming the bench or sitting in the stand.
Mac has a taste of a goal and will get his form! (Imo)..........maybe.
We need Ralph back asap.
Bin Blackman and his month contract, and get Timlin back on a month contract instead, he was Dru''s best partner and maybe good for Hutch and Hamilton, again don't expect miracles or full 100 minutes of game time but he will work 100%.

Agree with your thoughts re Timlin but Dieng and tackling aren't words that normally spring to mind to use in the same sentence for me.

Last edited:
It's not impossible that part of the loan agreement is dependent on appearances.
I doubt it.
From time to time, a club recalls a player because he isn't playing: to wit; Cauley Woodrow when he was with us.
But no club taking a loanee can promise the parent club a said number of appearances.
It's the equivalent of saying it doesn't matter how badly you play: you'll get games!

Omigod! Mantom, Dieng and Hyam in the same midfield?
For a start, Hyam is going to get injured after 15 minutes, and those brave Blues at the New Meadow are going to be pulling hair out after Mantom's 20th pass to a Shrew.
I would love it if Dieng finally showed his 'proven' league qualities.

Christ. What a load of tosh

I doubt it.
From time to time, a club recalls a player because he isn't playing: to wit; Cauley Woodrow when he was with us.
But no club taking a loanee can promise the parent club a said number of appearances.
It's the equivalent of saying it doesn't matter how badly you play: you'll get games!

Quite often there is an agreement whereby the player will get X amount of games before he then picked on merit....ie play first 5 then it’s on merit.

It is also very common for the parent club to say you can have him for free (in terms of wages) if he’s playing but if not then you contribute that proportion of his wage....ie if he starts all games we pay all his wages, if he starts 50% of games you contribute 50% of his wages...

I’d be very surprised if this second example isn’t in place in some form....and it would explain why he’s been selected in every game available so far....I don’t suppose Ron is very keen on contributing a % of £6-10k a week for a 20 yr old no better than what we have of our own

My selection, providing all selected would be fit:

*********************************************OXLEY*************************************

DEMETRIOU*******************SHAUNESSY********LENNON*******************RALPH

MANTOM**********************KIERNAN***********HAMILTON*********MCLAUGHLIN

*******************HUMPHREYS**********************GOODSHIP**********************

SUBS:
BISHOP
BWOMOMO
MILLIGAN
DIENG
HYAM
NDUKWO
COX

If one of the centre backs gets injured, Kiernan can drop back and Dieng, Hyam or Milligan can come in.

wide cover is offered by the DUK and COx is striker cover, or if we, God forbid, need to close the game out from a winning position, COx could come on for Goodship play a bit deeper, but still offer that little bit to be worried about.

Whoever is selected, just the same fight please and midfield please, please go with the runners and stop chasing the vball so much.

UTB

What a weird story to write , copying a presenter off the box and turning it into a story ... next week Gary waddock’s wife confirms Gary he wears pyjamas

Back