• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Shrimpers Trust Board Zoom Meeting With Stan Collymore

Wow.....just wow. If Ron grasps Stan's offer then I am for the first time in a very long time genuinely excited about the future of our football club. Stan's passion, enthusiasm, intelligence and contacts would prove invaluable and with everyone working in the same direction, the club can finally prosper and be one we can all be proud to support once again. Thank you Stan.

Wow.....just wow. If Ron grasps Stan's offer then I am for the first time in a very long time genuinely excited about the future of our football club. Stan's passion, enthusiasm, intelligence and contacts would prove invaluable and with everyone working in the same direction, the club can finally prosper and be one we can all be proud to support once again. Thank you Stan.

Absolutely agree 100%, couldn’t have put it better. Great zoom and one that feels us with so much hope. But Ron must accept what arguably is a massive opportunity to turn round the fortunes of the club and fix his reputation with the fan base. What a week it would be to have a new manager, a CEO or two appointed and a club legend focusing on the football side amongst many other roles

Amazing stuff from @stan collymore

I said on one of the other threads, I'd give Stan whatever role/title/remuneration/etc he wants. I hope Stan is able to come to an agreement with Ron. I feel nothing but positive vibes and passion coming from Stan and it has given me such a lift just thinking about the future of Southend United with Stan's involvement.

Long may it continue!

Interesting hearing him talk about ex-players network involvement. I also heard it mentioned on one of the other zoom calls.

Is there a SUEPA tie-in there?

Understandably there is a lot of doom and gloom over last few years and especially with loosing our league status.Its a breath of fresh air that Stan has come forward and given everyone a positive lift with his insite of what needs to happen at our club and the road forward. I really hope that Ron grasps what is on offer to UNITE the club so we can move forward to much happier and successful times together we are UNITED

Top stuff by Stan a very good listen, just got to hope Ron now listens to the great advice being given and accepts the help. Great to hear such enthusiasm and knowledge by someone who cares so much about the club. Time to have a club we can proud of again from top to bottom.

For anyone doubting Stan's motives, or having a snide dig at him for his past, or having a go at some of us and getting personal for supporting and backing Stan, just watch this. This guy has and is going above the call of duty. Just the fact that he watched virtually all of the season's games, an extremely painful watch, tells you he will put in the time and effort wherever needed. He's fully committed to helping SUFC in whatever way he can to improve things on and off the pitch, and restore SUFC's broken reputation, albeit with hands tied, because of course how much he helps, and if he is listened to, is up to Ron.

For anyone doubting Stan's motives, or having a snide dig at him for his past, or having a go at some of us and getting personal for supporting and backing Stan, just watch this. This guy has and is going above the call of duty. Just the fact that he watched virtually all of the season's games, an extremely painful watch, tells you he will put in the time and effort wherever needed. He's fully committed to helping SUFC in whatever way he can to improve things on and off the pitch, and restore SUFC's broken reputation, albeit with hands tied, because of course how much he helps, and if he is listened to, is up to Ron.

I must confess to having been a little sceptical, but having been part of that Zoom, he's convinced me. God he likes to talk though! We all had to dash for the loo before carrying on our normal business after he'd gone! :Hilarious:

Back