• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimperzone exclusive...

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
I have it on good authority (my mum know's Ron Martin's dog groomer's brother's dentist) that as part of the deal that got Matt Harrold a role playing Prince Harry, there was also a counter deal which allowed Prince Harry to play Matt Harrold in a first team game for Southend. The blues management considered that the best game for this to happen would be against the bottom club (i.e. today's game).

Should have realised really, as clearly the ginger person wearing the number 20 blue shirt today had never played professional football before in his life.

Yes, but he was poor today! I suppose I could have started a thread about Maher appearing in a remake of planet of the apes!

I'm usually one of the first people to defend Matt Harrold, and I thought he was OK second half today, but his first half performance was truly woeful.

Talking about Maher and Planet of the Apes.

What do you get if you cross Maher with a Gorilla ?

A F*cking ugly Gorilla !

Didnt think Maher had a great game today.
Far too many Passes went Sideways and Backwards.

Harrold's consistent abject performances half a huge negative impact on the rest of the team.

Macdonald and Hoops must be bad if they cannot get in the team ahead of him.

Even his own goal attempt hit the post.

Sorry, but we really do need to ditch him....................fast.

It reminds me of having donkeys like Broughton in the team - a lower league no hoper if ever there was one.

Talking about Maher and Planet of the Apes.

What do you get if you cross Maher with a Gorilla ?

A F*cking ugly Gorilla !

Didnt think Maher had a great game today.
Far too many Passes went Sideways and Backwards.

I think a coment like that is bang out of order for someone whos been a loyal servant of Southend,His not good enough for a place in the first team for sure on current form BUT he deserves better than insults like that.

I think a coment like that is bang out of order for someone whos been a loyal servant of Southend,His not good enough for a place in the first team for sure on current form BUT he deserves better than insults like that.

Oh dear,where's the respect for a captain that has taken us up twice recently.
Thanks for making the point Shrimp Creek,short memories indeed methinks.

My view on Kev is that his confidence has been knocked by what's happened and i will say that he got better in the 2nd half.

Kev got marginally better 2nd half, as did Harrold, but can't see Kev keeping Bailey out of the side next week and hope that the next home game will see Clarke and Morgan together up front - I'll be a lot happier then!

Back