• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ShrimperZone Investigates ...

Javea Shrimper

The Club Shop has suffered mixed praise over the past couple of months after the problems meeting the supply-and-demand for the new replica shirts. Temporary closures, uninterested staff, and failure to meet demand are some of the complaints that have been aired here on the ShrimperZone forums.

But are those complaints justified? ShrimperZone turns its beady eye on the customer service offered by the Club Shop recently and wants to know if you feel you have been given bad service (for whatever reason). We also want to hear if you have had no problems with the shop, if you have danced out the doors with your shirt folded neatly in your plastic bag having bought one at the first attempt. Or if you have used the online shop?

Good or bad service, anyone interested in contributing should contact me at mike@shrimperzone.com; maybe we can make a difference if something needs changing ...

WS

Good idea Mike!

Must be raining out in the Med today then?

rock.gif

I know that the problem of supply of the new kit has been raised several times before but I feel its an appropriate thread to re-address it.

I travelled to Bristol Rovers a few weeks ago and I was amazed to see that approximately 65-75% of the Bristol fans were wearing their clubs new kit.

I was similarly surprised to see that only a handful of Southend fans were wearing this years kit. This was before I'd had an opportunity to get to the club shop and to enquire about purchasing the new kit.

Before the Macclesfield game I went to the shop and was told that 'new kit wouldn't be available for another two weeks at the earliest'.

The amount if revenues being lost by the club by not supplying the new kit must be vast. The club shop looks like its half way through a closing down sale also, very sparse with only last years stuff all reduced.

I don't know who's fault the supply of the kits is but its diabolical.

mad.gif

I take it they still haven't got any of the new kits in then?

I did e-mail the club a few days ago asking, but do you think they got back to me!? Ha, fat chance.
rock.gif

I havent tried buying the new shirt based on peoples experiences as of late, but i went into the shop a couple of weeks ago for a nose round and it looked like a pikey pound shop normal found in the outbacks of Colchester, Canvey or West Ham.

I didnt stay long.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Sep. 10 2004,12:51)]I take it they still haven't got any of the new kits in then?
I have been informed by my brother (It's Grim Up North) that the shop isreceiving a delivery of shirts today and he'll be getting me one tomorrow.

At last.

rock.gif

Problem is that the club need to be selling the shirts pre-season to cash in on the feelgood factor. This years debacle must've have cost them a pretty penny.

I asked in the shop yesterday if they had any mini fixture lists in and she said they were coming in with the new shirts on Saturday!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Sep. 10 2004,11:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Sep. 10 2004,12:51)]I take it they still haven't got any of the new kits in then?
I have been informed by my brother (It's Grim Up North) that the shop isreceiving a delivery of shirts today and he'll be getting me one tomorrow.

At last.

rock.gif
Thanks.

Hoorah.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Sep. 10 2004,15:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Sep. 10 2004,11:32)]
[b said:

At last.

rock.gif
Thanks.

Hoorah.
wink.gif
Let's wait and see, shall we?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Sep. 10 2004,13:49)]'Shrimperzone Investigates' ?
rock.gif

Its hardly Hetty Wainthropp is it?
I don't know - I've often commented on the similarities between Mike and Patricia Routledge!!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

The resemblance is uncanny, with Patricia only looking slightly the more butch of the two
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GNH @ Sep. 10 2004,15:47)]The resemblance is uncanny, with Patricia only looking slightly the more butch of the two
wink.gif
Your last 3 posts have slagged off Tes, Drewe and now Jávea Shrimper. Who's next on the GNH hitlist?  
rock.gif

(Funny feeling I may have put myself on the top of the list now  
tounge.gif
)

My brother had no problem getting his shirt last Friday.
rock.gif
It's very disappointing to see the lack of people wearing the new kit at matches, at Rushden last week I'd say over half of their fans were wearing their team's kit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Sep. 10 2004,13:49)]'Shrimperzone Investigates' ?
rock.gif

Its hardly Hetty Wainthropp is it?
Don't mock that rather good program !
wink.gif

Well i know quite a few people have been a bit ****ed off with the prices and selection in the club shop, i personally don't think its too bad but think some of the gear is over priced £70 quid for a tracksuit for example.

Id like to know why the online shop hasn't been updated with this seasons stock and the pictures changed.

Ordered my shirt on the internet and then cancelled the order due to no notification of delay in delivery. The receipt that I received stated that if I were to experience a delay I would be contacted.
On this day I also attempted to get a shirt although the club shop lunch hours were changed and I had to go to work. I was told to come in tomorrow.
So the next day I made a return journey to be told to wait for Friday as they had run out of stock(it was Wednesday at this point). I complained about the lack of stock although they seemed uniterested.
So on the Friday I went to the club shop. YES!!!!! I got my shirt....
I then asked for printing on the shirt to be told that the only person in the whole of the club that can operate the machine was on holiday. So I decided to leave it. Until today that is when I was told that they are very busy in the club shop and they will not be doing printing until they've cleared 'the backlog.'
So I'll wait to get DUDFIELD 11 on my back for a while and just see what happens.

sad.gif

Matt

still waiting for a reply to my e-mail regarding the shop, sent to Geoffrey King in January!
rock.gif

Back