• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimperzone Site Upgrade - June 2010

Test:

[video=youtube;jFysv6je59M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFysv6je59M[/video]

Oooo that works :)

As you can see any video clips will not just show as a link but a fully embedded video...use the icon in the thread that looks like a film to add them.

The whole upgrade?

Can't say I'm a fan of it, either. Prefer it the old way IMHO.

Edit: Notice you're not a fan of the rep, thought you meant the whole site.

Either way, I still don't like it.

Give it time. I'm sure we'll all take a while to get used to it - it was the same with the last upgrade a few years ago - but with all the new features that we will be able to implement, you'll become a fan soon enough!

Give it time. I'm sure we'll all take a while to get used to it - it was the same with the last upgrade a few years ago - but with all the new features that we will be able to implement, you'll become a fan soon enough!

Already looking much improved, lots of nice little features. Thank you for all the time and effort mods, much appreciated.

I see as a community we've made over 4 billion posts now, impressive. MK and OBL have half of them.

Perhaps we should scrap both rep and the post count. After all, it's not how many times you say things that count, it's only what you actually say that matters.

A fair point, but people get very attached to their post count. Rep is often in danger of getting inned, but we'd be very reluctant to alter post counts*.

*Deliberately that is. The odd ****-up has been known to happen! :dim:

I am not sure if you are doing anything fancy for the iPhone but the look of the site from that device does make the forum quite unusable, especially when compared to how it looks from a PC, it has a totally different look.

The old site was the same from an iPhone or PC.

I am not sure if you are doing anything fancy for the iPhone but the look of the site from that device does make the forum quite unusable, especially when compared to how it looks from a PC, it has a totally different look.

The old site was the same from an iPhone or PC.

a bit too much white for me!

Folks, please bear with us. We haven't even started yet on the look and feel. This is just what comes out of the box. As for the iphone stuff, we'll be looking into things like tapatalk which should hopefully make things look better.

One of the reasons we delayed moving to the new site was that there were bugs (and the upgrade process doesn't allow you to go back). Despite assurances to the contrary, there are STILL a number of bugs - some of them what you might consider to be show-stoppers. Having spent nearly two hours trying to change the ****ing logo, scratching heads and experience 'mild' tourettes, it turns out that there's a bug there requiring us to rewrite all sorts of code even to get that to happen.

So.... enjoy the forum for what it is at the moment. Things will settle down as time goes on, but what you see NOW is not what the forum WILL end up looking like. In short, bear with us. The new features will make it all worthwhile.

...and yes I know the image is grainy!!!!

:finger:

...and it's never going to happen...

...and you can't see it anyway...

etc, etc... :)

Back