• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the issues here is that we are talking about something that happened 5 years ago. I know at the time I read the daily updates from the local reporter which were very detailed and included a lot of court transcripts ( and of course the thread on here)and a felt I understood the case.
At the time their were lots of posts on here that were very inaccurate indicating that not every one had read the same details.

Personally 5 years later I can’t recall the exact details of the case and how many shrimperzone “facts” were in fact facts

You’re assuming the OB would want or even believe your information though.

If they’ve got you pegged as a culpable party, and they believe they can win a conviction against you, they may very well not be interested in what you have to say about other individuals.

It’s also possible - and the CPS would know - that a decent brief would likely come after you heavily, and paint a picture of YOU being the truly guilty one, and your testimony is nothing more than apportioning blame to anyone else in order to save your own skin.

We all like to believe that justice would prevail, but frankly that’s not a forgone conclusion, especially when it comes to football fans & violence

You can throw all kinds of possibles into a hypothetical situation. You might know these people and you might have a better insight than me. Having looked at some of their histories and what has happened since there were certainly some proper wrong'uns amongst them. I still think if I was caught in that hypothetical situation and told the truth I'd be fine, but we are all entitled to our opinion.

Looks like there is a causal link between the attack and his death. Could murder charges be on the cards?

BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back