• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Simon Royce

Roycie has packed away his pro gloves and is very happy to continue his coaching role at Brentford.

His last game was at Roots Hall where Brentford gave him the ok to play in an end of season charity game.
Fittingly he scored his first ever goal at the ground he started his pro career at.

Ever the sportsman he is still collecting awards. He was in Basildon on saturday, this time on behalf of the local darts team he started up recently.

He fancies Brentfords chances of promotion this season, a double with sufc should pay around 30/1 at the bookies!

I almost wish he hadn't been in goal that night. That's all that people seem to mention him for instead of the dozens of top, top performances he put in. In 95/96 his brilliance took a shocking Southend side to the verge of the First Division Play-offs. That's what I think of when I think of Simon Royce, far more than him smacking the ball against Lee Bradbury's arse.

I almost wish he hadn't been in goal that night. That's all that people seem to mention him for instead of the dozens of top, top performances he put in. In 95/96 his brilliance took a shocking Southend side to the verge of the First Division Play-offs. That's what I think of when I think of Simon Royce, far more than him smacking the ball against Lee Bradbury's arse.

I'd like to think its the young section of our fans who dont really remember him when playing for us who think of this.

I remember him for some of the best saves i have ever seen. He was a truly brilliant shot stopper.

Couldn't agree more, best keeper I'll probably ever see in a Blues shirt.

Back