• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Singers / Bands that everyone likes apart from you.....

Again, I went for many years hating their post Ok Computer work....now I prefer these albums to OC & The Bends. Quite frankly one of the best UK bands ever I regret not giving them more time over the last 19 years.

Sorry, I just can't see it. I won't / can't be convinced otherwise

Again, I went for many years hating their post Ok Computer work....now I prefer these albums to OC & The Bends. Quite frankly one of the best UK bands ever I regret not giving them more time over the last 19 years.
That's quite a u-turn - I remember how much you disliked the post-OKC output. I agree that they're up there with the best UK bands of all time, if you exclude the first 2 albums of course!

In no particular order as they are all equally ****

Rolling Stones
REM
Ed Sheeran
Adele
U2

Loads of big hair rock
Def Leppard
Aerosmith
Iron Maiden
Jon Bon Jovi
These and many others just didnt work for me yet i love a bit of hard rock, blues etc

That's quite a u-turn - I remember how much you disliked the post-OKC output. I agree that they're up there with the best UK bands of all time, if you exclude the first 2 albums of course!

Tell me about it. There was a lot of personal stuff happening around the time of Kid A so that many have clouded my judgement.

In no particular order as they are all equally ****

Rolling Stones
REM
Ed Sheeran
Adele
U2
I remember in the late '80s/early '90s when I first started working in record shops and me and my colleagues had hugely disparate taste in music, REM were the 1 band who every member of staff liked. I still love them, although I don't like much of what they did post-1991.

Loads of big hair rock
Def Leppard
Aerosmith
Iron Maiden
Jon Bon Jovi
These and many others just didnt work for me yet i love a bit of hard rock, blues etc
I wouldn't give a squirt of **** for any of those 4 apart from Iron Maiden, who are in my top 3 bands of all time.

I remember in the late '80s/early '90s when I first started working in record shops and me and my colleagues had hugely disparate taste in music, REM were the 1 band who every member of staff liked. I still love them, although I don't like much of what they did post-1991.

REM were great up to Automatic......Monster was ok, but from then on they were fairly awful with a couple of good tracks.

Abba has already been mentioned so I will instead chuck in

Manic Street Preachers
Red Hot Chili Peppers

Back