• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Singing Section

I seriously think the club should organise a block of seats for singers only to get the rest of the crowd on there feet and getting behind our boys! Last season was great dont get me wrong but the atmosphere was dead at times and if we got every supporter who's up for a sing in a big block it would get everybody going and would create a fantastic atmosphere.

Does anybody else think this is a good idea?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Mar. 10 2005,19:11)]I seriously think the club should organise a block of seats for singers only to get the rest of the crowd on there feet and getting behind our boys! Last season was great dont get me wrong but the atmosphere was dead at times and if we got every supporter who's up for a sing in a big block it would get everybody going and would create a fantastic atmosphere.

This has been pursued for a number of years, particularly by the Shrimpers Trust, but a decision has never been made. The alternative is simply to ensure that everyone buys a ticket for the same place in the ground. Personally I think the East Blacks would provide a great "singing section".

However the club will certainly not react positively if the aims of such a section is to get people "on their feet". The stadium is all-seater and therefore required to ensure that all spectators remain seated during the game, otherwise the club could be subject to hefty fines.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 10 2005,19:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Mar. 10 2005,19:11)]I seriously think the club should organise a block of seats for singers only to get the rest of the crowd on there feet and getting behind our boys! Last season was great dont get me wrong but the atmosphere was dead at times and if we got every supporter who's up for a sing in a big block it would get everybody going and would create a fantastic atmosphere.

This has been pursued for a number of years, particularly by the Shrimpers Trust, but a decision has never been made. The alternative is simply to ensure that everyone buys a ticket for the same place in the ground. Personally I think the East Blacks would provide a great "singing section".

However the club will certainly not react positively if the aims of such a section is to get people "on their feet". The stadium is all-seater and therefore required to ensure that all spectators remain seated during the game, otherwise the club could be subject to hefty fines.

WS
Is he not talking about the final at Cardiff?
glare.gif

Last year there was a block of tickets purchased by the Shrimpers Trust and I assume that it may be the same case senario this time around.
That is about the nearest that you are going to get to a 'singing' section.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ Mar. 10 2005,21:05)]Last year there was a block of tickets purchased by the Shrimpers Trust and I assume that it may be the same case senario this time around.
Are you trying to say that the Shrimpers Trust are more loyal and are better than the normal fan ?!

glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ Mar. 10 2005,21:05)]Last year there was a block of tickets purchased by the Shrimpers Trust and I assume that it may be the same case senario this time around.
What about the ShrimperZone section?! We tried but no-one else seemed interested ...

WS

i think its a good idea,the players should get as much support as possible,and we should do our upmost 2 outsing the welsh bastards

i think we need to be a little spread out, to give the impression of noise coming from everywhere, i try and get the whole of block T singing, well 4 of us do, and its hard work, but does work..............

.........on occasions

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 10 2005,21:14)]
[b said:
What about the ShrimperZone section?! We tried but no-one else seemed interested ...

WS
It sounds like a plan to me, but how would this be managed?
I definitely think we need to try something as our vocal support last year was far too sporadic around our allocation. This wasn't just the early goal effect as has been mentioned elsewhere, it was "quiet, almost too quiet" before the KO as well!

Oh & for the record, it should be trialled at Roots Hall too, East Blacks or South Lower a good choice prior to any North Bank shenanigans
oops.gif

There always seem to be a few rowdy chaps intent on trouble at the back of the east blacks but no-one ever seems to join in and all that happens is that you get a few snide comments around me further down. Im sure they wouldn't go up to them and say it too their face but it would be nice if a atmosphere was generated on match day which will gee the lads on even more ...

Maybe the fact that there was upwards of 15,000 people in our end that probably havent sung a southend ditty in their life didnt help!....

I think a mass production of song sheets for the final could help?!..

laugh.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

I got a feeling there wont be as many 'southend fans' as last year. At work last year there were loads who went who normally spend the season taking the **** out of us.. none are going this year other than us regulars.. I think that will in itself generate a better atmosphere as last year you could hear pockets of fans dotted around trying to get songs going.. this year we should have a more loyal support turning up.
And can we have another song than that dire seasiders by Terry Alderton to sing along to before the game.. Alison Moyet anyone?

Back