• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sir Slipperduke

As soon as it comes out I'll stick something on my works Intranet for a bit more free bit of publicity: Hope I get my copy signed Iain!

Slip

Amazon sent me this ?

Dear Customer,

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on 01 February 2008, 11:41 GMT (Order# 203-5995258-2164318).

Iain Macintosh (Author) "Football Fables"
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0713689544

Still want it? We'll keep on trying.

If you want to cancel the item, please visit Your Account on the link below and click on "Cancel items or orders":

If there are other items in your order, they'll be dispatched according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account. On the date of dispatch, you should receive an e-mail message confirming the date, contents and delivery method.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

To view your order or make any changes, please visit the Your Account link located at the top of any page of our website. Through Your
Account, you can cancel items, change delivery addresses or make other
changes to your orders for any items that have not yet entered the
dispatch process.

Is there a prob , should I cancel my order and then buy it elsewhere or shall I persevere

Slip

Amazon sent me this ?

Dear Customer,

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on 01 February 2008, 11:41 GMT (Order# 203-5995258-2164318).

Iain Macintosh (Author) "Football Fables"
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0713689544

Still want it? We'll keep on trying.

If you want to cancel the item, please visit Your Account on the link below and click on "Cancel items or orders":

If there are other items in your order, they'll be dispatched according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account. On the date of dispatch, you should receive an e-mail message confirming the date, contents and delivery method.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

To view your order or make any changes, please visit the Your Account link located at the top of any page of our website. Through Your
Account, you can cancel items, change delivery addresses or make other
changes to your orders for any items that have not yet entered the
dispatch process.

Is there a prob , should I cancel my order and then buy it elsewhere or shall I persevere

Yes, got the same too and yet, on Facebook, people seem to have got copies according to the group. Left an enquiry there about this, so if I hear anything will let you know FS.

I'm not sure what's happened here, but I'll be getting on to the publishers tomorrow, for sure. I can only assume that Amazon stuck in an order for 10 copies, a fairly standard amount for an unknown author, and then failed to notice the pre-orders totting up in the background.

I'll get some more info as soon as I can though!

slipper.... i'm convinced i saw you last week on the beautiful isle of Skiathos. was it you?!

I'm not sure what's happened here, but I'll be getting on to the publishers tomorrow, for sure. I can only assume that Amazon stuck in an order for 10 copies, a fairly standard amount for an unknown author, and then failed to notice the pre-orders totting up in the background.

I'll get some more info as soon as I can though!

Had 2 notifications from Amazon yesterday - the first said they were expecting despatch date to be after the 20th August, the second that the item had been despatched! Hopefully it will be here any day.

Had 2 notifications from Amazon yesterday - the first said they were expecting despatch date to be after the 20th August, the second that the item had been despatched! Hopefully it will be here any day.

Should be with you very soon, they screwed up, apparently. Despite having loads of pre-orders, they didn't order any stock in!

35th best selling sports book right now, donchaknow!

Should be with you very soon, they screwed up, apparently. Despite having loads of pre-orders, they didn't order any stock in!

35th best selling sports book right now, donchaknow!

Arrived safely just after lunch time - have read the Barry Fry bit, might surprise a few people before the game on Saturday.

Cool! Did you like it?

Oh yes! :clap: Actually bought it for the lad but as he's out I sneaked a peak! Only read the Barry Fry bit at the moment but as that's the first chapter that's understandable. I'd recommend it to others on here who haven't got a copy yet!

Back