• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sir Slipperduke

May have to look in on that if I've got any money spare after my summer spending spree.

And may I be the first to congatulate Mr Duke of Slipper on his first 5 star rated review?

Wahey! I saw that! Someone in Geordieland likes me, though I suspect I know who it is!

Of course, if anyone else fancies writing a review, they are very welcome!

Well i do hope this is available from those non-descript airport bookshops, as i feel it would be an ideal purchase for lazing on a sun soaked beach, though Slipper, can it looked from behind discreetly? you know just in case my attention is drawn elsewhere.

If i find it in the airport i will employ the well known author guerilla tactics of slipping a few copies to prominent positions on the shelf as well.

Well i do hope this is available from those non-descript airport bookshops, as i feel it would be an ideal purchase for lazing on a sun soaked beach, though Slipper, can it looked from behind discreetly? you know just in case my attention is drawn elsewhere.

If i find it in the airport i will employ the well known author guerilla tactics of slipping a few copies to prominent positions on the shelf as well.

It is slightly bigger than your average paperback, thus allowing a gentleman to carefully peer over it in the event that distractions appear and start taking their tops off. I think that's its best feature actually.

That said, you might not find it airport shops just yet. To my knowledge, WHSmith haven't ordered it in. However, Waterstones and Borders have and Amazon are re-ordering already, so you never know.

That's quality! I was sat on the cushions next to the wall with Mrs Slipperduke!

The best thing was, and I don't know if it was this night that you saw us, but we did stop for drinks with another couple from the hotel on one occasion and they asked me what I did for a living. It never seems to matter that I only write for a Singaporean newspaper, people always assume that I must be famous for some reason, so I spent five minutes telling them that I wasn't by any stretch of the imagination, famous.

If only you'd picked that moment to wander up and say, "Excuse me, are you Iain Macintosh?"

Ah, those frozen daiquiris....

Would've been even better if he'd had a copy of your book and asked you to sign it! You know, you ought to do a PA at Southend and sign our copies!

From the Acknowledgments in the book:

"Thanks also to everyone at www.shimperzone.com, TBTV, Sky Sports News and the makers of Football Manager 2007 for being worthy enough distractions to put this project in serious jeopardy on more than one occasion."

Aw, ain't that nice?! :clap:

From the Acknowledgments in the book:

"Thanks also to everyone at www.shimperzone.com, TBTV, Sky Sports News and the makers of Football Manager 2007 for being worthy enough distractions to put this project in serious jeopardy on more than one occasion."

Aw, ain't that nice?! :clap:

TBTV WE ARE FAMOUS!!!!!! Wwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Got the book yesterday morning, just finished it. A superb read, easily as good as Gary Nelson's Left Foot Forward. If you haven't bought it yet, why not?

My only issue with it is Barry Fry's new take on what happened that night in the SUFC boardroom. I have heard Fry myself (on Radio 5 Live, speaking to John Inverdale) say that SUFC matched the Birmingham offer to try and persuade him to stay. Now he is telling a different story.

When is your next book out Sir Slipper?

just finished it too, fantastic read, and i tend not to like footy books. i'll review it on amazon later

Now out, available through Amazon amongst others, and a very good book indeed. If you haven't ordered a copy yet, why not?

Sir Slip is in a slightly different position to the normal 'zoner as well. We get the benefit of all the columns he writes for The New Paper in Singapore free, gratis and for nothing in his column on the All Leagues Forum, and plugging his book is the least he deserves.

i only said that as a joke! i definitely support advertising slippers book, i've just finished it and it's a brilliant read. however, as i said at the time, i thought the owners stance on posters advertising shirts on ebay was a bit harsh. however i appreciate this probably isn't the tread to open that can of worms! buy slippers book!

I need a new book having just finished the six wives of henry the VIII and the wasp factory for the umpteenth time.

This'll do nicely!

Back