• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Sit in Protest Today

I heard today that one staff member (I'm not saying who or their role) has decided not to work any more on their days off. This is the kind of goodwill that historically keeps clubs like ours going. They worked for nothing on they're day off and decided it's an insult not being paid at all.
It doesn't matter what role they do, the relationship between staff and the club is getting destroyed in regular doses.
I'm glad that person made a stand in they're own effective way.

Fully agree. I know that I often send a load of emails and messages on Sundays and it surprises me how often I get responses - I don't expect them, they can wait till Monday or Tuesday, but it's the most convenient time for me to send them (in my own time, at home, before work takes over for the week again).

As to Jordan, well, no-one deserves to be unpaid for two months and I know he's found new employment so I wish him well.

Last edited:
Fully agree. I know that I often send a load of emails and messages on Sundays and it surprises me how often I get responses - I don't expect them, they can wait till Monday or Tuesday, but it's the moist convenient time for me to send them (in my own time, at home, before work takes over for the week again).

As to Jordan, well, no-one deserves to be unpaid for two months and I know he's found new employment so I wish him well.
Steady on, Kay.

Jordan is a top bloke, worked his socks of for the club and a 100% fan.
I am saddened that he has left his dream job AND I hope the club recognise his endeavours by way of a seat of choice in the stadium when he feels he is able to come along.

This is the real heart of the matter for me. Even if someone did come along with the will and financial muscle to buy both the club and the development (unlikely - this would be a very large sum), how would they go about funding the club's month-to-month cashflow deficit, to what end, and on what terms?
Given that profitable football clubs especially at our level is a contradiction in terms any consortium would need to accept that they are in fact going to have to subsidize the club whilst at the same time trying as best they can maximising revenue. Clubs that live within their means will never be able to meet the expectations of fans and are likely to be relegated. And so the merry-go-round goes round and round and round and round.

i don’t expect anything to be arranged.

I am not a Ron lover by any stretch of the imagination. He has terrible people skills and thinks we should all be grateful he is here and is completely delusional.

That said he has owned the football club for 25 years and invested millions of pounds of his own businesses money into the football club during this time. Those who say he is in it for himself makes no sense, he could and probably has made far more money out of property investments then through the sale/development of RH and stadium development of Fossets Farm. I genuinely believe he has the best intentions, he has spent a quarter of a century invested in our club.

Some of those periods have been the best time in our history and he is now presiding over the worst time in our history.

He has made some terrible appointments over the years who have invested his money awfully and be hit by a series of miss fortune. The fact remains he simply does not have the cash flow to keep the club operating in a sustainable business model, without sourcing money from his other business interests to keep the club afloat.

i genuinely believe he has over the last year listened and we now have a fantastic back room team and as a result a much more promising group of players. So I just do not feel the time is right to be protesting again.

The fact remains he will not sell, until he wants to.
Spot on, I am staying apathy until the end, as I don’t want to be an idiots that doing an pointless protesting.

Spot on, I am staying apathy until the end, as I don’t want to be an idiots that doing an pointless protesting.
Supporters that have chosen to protest are not idiots Murkey. They are sticking with their principles and doing what they think is right. So could you please NOT keep playing the poster just because you don't agree with them. Thanks.

Supporters that have chosen to protest are not idiots Murkey. They are sticking with their principles and doing what they think is right. So could you please NOT keep playing the poster just because you don't agree with them. Thanks.
Mind you, I quite like unravelling his sentences, or that which passes for them! :Winking2:

Back