• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Sit in Protest Today

How do you expect us to force someone out who doesn’t want to get out? We can protest, boycott etc. The only thing we are going to do is damage things on the pitch, we finally have a team and management team that could actually achieve something. A CEO, Senior Football Analyst and Chief Scout who are doing all they can to help the playing sides.

I’m honestly not sure what we can do to get Ron to sell up, because I don’t think there is anything we can do without damaging the team.

I’m not a Ron fan, but I know that he isn’t going anywhere until he gets his golden goose lays it’s eggs. And I don’t blame him, he is a business man and that’s the whole point.

If someone comes up with a viable plan that will help to get Ron to sell up, I’m 100% onboard.
You're not going to force Ron out, nobody is. That was my point.

Because nobody is putting pressure ala Blackpool
Totally different circumstances. The Blackpool owners were not sitting on the cusp of a huge property developing opportunity. We can protest until the cows come home, Ron is going nowhere. He is too far down the rabbit hole, too heavily invested to walk away because the fans don't like him. He knows the fans don't like him.

I am not a regular poster on here for the very reason of some of the replies to this thread, basically many say if don’t agree you have no right being a Southend supporter (paraphrasing) I would like to say firstly I have never spoken to anyone that thinks RM is good for this club, I too want him gone, I also admit I don’t have any answers for how to get him out, I do know a few people sitting behind after the match isn’t going to achieve this, my opinion. Not one person I spoke to before the kick off knew anything of this protest, I only saw it, when I was reading my social media feed, 30 minutes before kick off. RM will not leave our club he has to much invested in it to walk away, he is a deluded man that thinks all his troubles will be over once FF is completed, catch 22, FF will never be completed while he owns the club. I see only one way out of this and that is he is charged with financial fraud and gets a hefty sentence, will that ever happen, I have no idea, we can only hope.
Please don’t call the majority of fans Ron lovers just because they didn’t join a sit in, or their opinions differ to yours. We are Southend United, so let’s stay united. We will all be here till the end, whatever that might be.

Wow yet another thread for me to ask the same unanswered question.

Ron out. Show me the creditable alternative.

Carl’s offer may or may not be on the table but whether he has met with Ron or advisors or not the bid either currently doesn’t meet Ron’s figure for a 20 year plus investment or Ron wants to validate the finances.

Beyond that Ron out currently = no creditable alternative.

Even that’s been ruined with 3 suspect couples, BBC is on a par with Ron Martin
<Off topic alert>

Which "suspect couples" are they @wiggy?

Don't worry, I don't want you to answer. It would only make you more uncomfortable. After all, there's clearly something about same sex couples or Paralympic athletes that make you uncomfortable enough to call them "suspect". If you had children who were disabled or born with dwarfism, would you call them suspect? Would you be happy if you had a lesbian daughter or gay son in a solid same sex relationship and someone referred to them as "suspect"? I have a step daughter in a same sex relationship. Is she in a "suspect" couple?

I thought about just letting this go as I'm sure it was a throwaway comment, clearly said in jest and not intended to offend. But I've reached that age where I'm less likely to give a **** about what people think and I am going to call out this type of language when I see or hear it. There is no place for this in today's society.

I alluded to as much on another thread about our 3rd kit when @Chris Powell's mate called similar language out and received a bit of a kickback from several on here. I wrote a long post which probably not many read about unconscious bias (none of that here by the way, the colours are well and truly nailed to the mast) but the point is that it is the throwaway, casual and flippant comments that underline the prejudices and do the most damage.

This modern society is inclusive. It's not just racism, it's all discrimination and prejudice that needs to be kicked out.

Sadly, it's so common that no-one else has highlighted this or made a comment on this post, which I must admit, surprised me a bit. No, I don't think I'm being overly woke or sensitive, and yes, these days if I was in a pub with Wiggy and he said the same thing in my company I would probably come back with the same question to his face.

For those who think this is nothing, ask your gay or disabled friends (I'm sure we all have some) if they would mind being referred to as "suspect".

Anyway, rant over, I've made my point. I was going to report the original post but I'll give Wiggy the chance to apologise first.

Explain to those who don't know, why you're doing it
I think that's the point really... why, when work has started on the training ground, the end is in sight and RM will be off after the stadium is built, are we doing it?

When Ron hasn't sold by now, what possible pressure could be put on him to sell at this point?

Stan has investors lined up, I know of several groups in the past who have wanted to invest, but they will only do so if there is a return. There will be no return from the club; it will be a "put your hand in your pocket" exercise for the rest of the time to keep the club afloat for however long we are at Roots Hall.

I doubt there is one fan on here who actively wants Ron to stay. I am not aware of any Ron lovers. However, I do know lots of people who see beyond a very short term and immediate view of "Get this clown out of our club now" which is likely to be an extremely serious existential threat to SUFC. And many fans would rather not see a Phoenix club have to start at the bottom of the pyramid, or have no club at all to follow.

Without getting political, I am sure many people wanted Boris Johnson to go on the basis that anyone would be better. However. the events of the last week or so may show the true dangers of "Be careful what you wish for".

The best chance we have of Ron going is putting pressure on whoever is necessary to get the stadium built as fast as possible.

As for me, I had a stroke 3 years ago, am 61 and don't want to spend my days stressed out by worrying about things way beyond my control. It's bad for the blood pressure. I want to go to games and cheer on the team, win or lose, and look forward to the next game. And the point is that off the pitch problems do manifest themselves into poorer on the pitch performances. I don't want to actively be part of taking any action which may well detrimentally affect us getting out of this league.

I wonder how many of the Trust, SOS and Zoners were staying behind. Not many I bet and they all knew. I could not go today but will be there Tuesday. Although I have a 2 hour drive home I would be happy to stay until midnight to prove a point. Hopefully get some media attention on this **** head of a Chairman/Owner

Well, there were at least 6 Trust Board members. The Trust had put out a statement in support of the action during the morning. When we actually saw one of the SOS leading lights disappear out the back of the West with the rest of the throng, and the way W block emptied, it was clear it was going to be a pointless exercise. I think we stayed about 10 minutes, there were less than 20 people in the ground at that stage, there were no chants.

Well, there were at least 6 Trust Board members. The Trust had put out a statement in support of the action during the morning. When we actually saw one of the SOS leading lights disappear out the back of the West with the rest of the throng, and the way W block emptied, it was clear it was going to be a pointless exercise. I think we stayed about 10 minutes, there were less than 20 people in the ground at that stage, there were no chants.
Well done to you. It was not really a dig. When groups post about things like sit ins and other protests and then do not take part themselves I wonder if there really is any justification for them to be taken seriously. If you are calling for something and arrange? it then go through with it.

I did hear yesterday from someone I know that the ticket office manager has left after not being paid

Stan has investors lined up, I know of several groups in the past who have wanted to invest, but they will only do so if there is a return. There will be no return from the club; it will be a "put your hand in your pocket" exercise for the rest of the time to keep the club afloat for however long we are at Roots Hall.
This is the real heart of the matter for me. Even if someone did come along with the will and financial muscle to buy both the club and the development (unlikely - this would be a very large sum), how would they go about funding the club's month-to-month cashflow deficit, to what end, and on what terms?

Wow yet another thread for me to ask the same unanswered question.

Ron out. Show me the creditable alternative.

Carl’s offer may or may not be on the table but whether he has met with Ron or advisors or not the bid either currently doesn’t meet Ron’s figure for a 20 year plus investment or Ron wants to validate the finances.

Beyond that Ron out currently = no creditable alternative.

I've explained before why alternative options don't shout from the rooftops about buying football clubs. What clubs fans know of new owners before a deal is agreed.

Next you'll be wanting to know who'll be bought out next on stock market!

Good for him,i hope gets employment very soon.
I heard today that one staff member (I'm not saying who or their role) has decided not to work any more on their days off. This is the kind of goodwill that historically keeps clubs like ours going. They worked for nothing on they're day off and decided it's an insult not being paid at all.
It doesn't matter what role they do, the relationship between staff and the club is getting destroyed in regular doses.
I'm glad that person made a stand in they're own effective way.

Back