• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Sit in Protest Today

I’m very happy if people choose to protest, as long as it doesn’t damage the club by affecting on the pitch or incurring fines. However, I’ll only do it if it makes a difference. My view is that It doesn’t send out any message - Ron already knows we are unhappy, it won’t make him sell - he has too much at stake. Therefore don’t know what it will achieve.

This place can bring the worst out in our fambase sometimes. If protesting isn't for you, fine. But for some fans to belittle others for at least trying to stand up for the club, when they are happy to sit back and do nothing.....I find that a bit much.
Well I suggest you don’t belittle people who chose not to protest then.

I didn’t stay behind. I heard a couple of “we want Martin out” chants during the match and I assume that was the gist of it afterwards?

I think maybe it should be clearer exactly what people are meant to be protesting for.
Nobody was there handing out leaflets, drumming up support.. “this is what we want to happen”. Maybe that should be the first stage. What’s the purpose of protests and what’s the end game .. ok I get it .. “Ron out” .. but then what? That can’t be the sole message.

I’m pleased nobody went on the pitch and that the players all got their deserved applause.

What do you expect to be arranged with less than 24 hours notice? At least some people are trying to stand up for the club and the employees who are being treated like dirt. More than can be said for some who are happy to sit back and let it all happen.
i don’t expect anything to be arranged.

I am not a Ron lover by any stretch of the imagination. He has terrible people skills and thinks we should all be grateful he is here and is completely delusional.

That said he has owned the football club for 25 years and invested millions of pounds of his own businesses money into the football club during this time. Those who say he is in it for himself makes no sense, he could and probably has made far more money out of property investments then through the sale/development of RH and stadium development of Fossets Farm. I genuinely believe he has the best intentions, he has spent a quarter of a century invested in our club.

Some of those periods have been the best time in our history and he is now presiding over the worst time in our history.

He has made some terrible appointments over the years who have invested his money awfully and be hit by a series of miss fortune. The fact remains he simply does not have the cash flow to keep the club operating in a sustainable business model, without sourcing money from his other business interests to keep the club afloat.

i genuinely believe he has over the last year listened and we now have a fantastic back room team and as a result a much more promising group of players. So I just do not feel the time is right to be protesting again.

The fact remains he will not sell, until he wants to.

Last edited:
Pathetic turnout. If we are going to protest lets protest. Just shows the apathy of our support. Like this we will never force the **** out

Jesus, take a chill pill. Not everyone want's to protest like you, some people want to get home after the game.

I agree. He’s trying to get out without going bankrupt, which means delivering new stadium. The current financial situation in the UK cannot be helping. Really do not understand those have been protesting today. We’ve got a good squad, and if we get behind the team the results will keep coming, giving Ron time to sort out the finances – which he invariably does. Ron doesn’t want the club to go bust any more than we do, we’re all on the same side.

and as I say every time I make a post like this, the real problem will come after Ron has gone Because somebody else who is not as savvy as him is going to have to run it.
Why doesn’t he pay out of his own pocket to help those who can’t be paid? Would be a nice gesture.

Nobody is forcing Ron out, that's literally the point.
How do you expect us to force someone out who doesn’t want to get out? We can protest, boycott etc. The only thing we are going to do is damage things on the pitch, we finally have a team and management team that could actually achieve something. A CEO, Senior Football Analyst and Chief Scout who are doing all they can to help the playing sides.

I’m honestly not sure what we can do to get Ron to sell up, because I don’t think there is anything we can do without damaging the team.

I’m not a Ron fan, but I know that he isn’t going anywhere until he gets his golden goose lays it’s eggs. And I don’t blame him, he is a business man and that’s the whole point.

If someone comes up with a viable plan that will help to get Ron to sell up, I’m 100% onboard.

Because nobody is putting pressure ala Blackpool
I wish people would stop comparing us to Blackpool. The only comparison is that they’re both bad owners.

Blackpools situation was completely different to ours. Ron is waiting for the development and that is attached to the football club. Ron won’t go until that is done and complete. Blackpool didn’t have anything like that and their owner wasn’t waiting for a massive payout from the land and development.

I wish people would stop comparing us to Blackpool. The only comparison is that they’re both bad owners.

Blackpools situation was completely different to ours. Ron is waiting for the development and that is attached to the football club. Ron won’t go until that is done and complete. Blackpool didn’t have anything like that and their owner wasn’t waiting for a massive payout from the land and development.
I’m pretty sure there was also a lot more going on such as fraud etc which is why he was legally forced to sell the club if I remember correctly.

Well I was exhausted after that winning exciting home game and had to sit down after the final whistle and catch my breath.

I noticed a few others in the same predicament as me. After recovering, i noticed that I was the last one left in the West Stand, so slowly got up and made my way out.

On the way out a steward asked me if I was part of the protest? I said what protest and slowly trudged out and went down the pub.

I’m pretty sure there was also a lot more going on such as fraud etc which is why he was legally forced to sell the club if I remember correctly.
Has the FA, National league or anybody recently investigated if it is fit and proper to be an owner. Have any supporters group asked this question of the authorities. I do not know if it can or will be done or whether this is something that could be looked at, but there seems to be so much wrong with it's running of the club that surely it cannot be right for it to be allowed to own a club. I feel the inactivity of supporters groups is frightening. Can a meeting not be arranged where a clear strategy is agreed by all to protest and force this issue. we need the media involved and every channel open to us to pressure this****. I honestly do not believe we cannot force change. Other clubs have. The supporters of SUFC, me included, have been far to tolerant and quite. I would be happy to be part of any legal and peaceful campaign to get it out of our Club. If people just want to talk about it moan then everything will continue until we are no longer a football club and we only have ourselves, and of course, it to blame. My view, and I am entitled to it, is enough id enough.

Back