• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Sit in Protest Today

Had a thought about a 'new owner'.
It would either be another Ron thinking he can venture capitalise on Roots Hall, or that Blues fan who just won £100m on Euromillions.
I know which is the likelier.
I know another thing.
Were it to be a dubious sportswashing investor along the lines of Newcastle, I would withdraw my support after 60 years.
Those Magpie fans wearing tea towels when Saudi took over was 10% laughable and 90% pathetic.
Why does everyone have an issue with Saudi's at Toon but not Abu Dhabi at Man City?

Abu Dhabi is not exactly a paragon of virtue...

My knees have only just recovered from the sit in protest at Upton Park against Charlton in 1992. Almost 30 years to the day ironically so I’m afraid, in the words of Duncan Bannatyne, I’m out” 😜

I fully understand the absolute frustration felt due to another embarrassing episode Ron has caused our club by his continued poor business practices. I along with others are not surprised by the inevitable happening again.
I understand the desire by many to show their contempt of this egotistic blinkered owner but he will only stop owning this club when it suits him end of story.
I support the message that today's sit in sends and I hope those that partake will get satisfaction from their statement of anger.
Regrettably protests and action groups only endorses what everyone already feels that he is not a fit and proper owner.
It may well gratify the soul but in our circumstance will not be a catalyst for change in ownership.
The material gain from the financial leverage that Southend United provides Ron in the Fossets/personal pension plan jigsaw, is and always has been his ace in the hole.
We are the necessary evil in the greater pursuit of a pot of gold. I believe the various compromised alterations Ron has accepted with both the Roots Hall and Fossets development does indicates his own desire / need to cash in asap.
I believe that both Tom and Stan and others are working towards life without Ron and with the expectation that the day is very much forthcoming.
Let's face it both Tom and Stan have no reason or requirement to be really here and be as committed as they are without the confidence of a positive outcome.
Yes they are fans and the heart can rule the head but neither are the type to flog the proverbial dead horse. I know some wonder if the their involvement is something of a 'Trojan Horse' approach and a pathway for future outside involvement from yet unknown or yet to commit 3rd parties, well that is just conjecture, isn't?

Why does everyone have an issue with Saudi's at Toon but not Abu Dhabi at Man City?

I think the murder and dismemberment of the journalist at the Saudi Embassy sanctioned by the Saudi government is a BIG issue?

Although various reports link big money from both with terrorism, human rights abuses and corruption, especially in Africa and 3rd World.

Won't the players come back on the pitch for their warm downs?
And hopefully see the supporters sitting in, in the stands and not entering on to the pitch.
Everton have just been fined £300k for their fans doing that and we certainly don't have the money for that.

For the record, I have an issue with City as well.
It seems the barefaced nonsense going on at St James right now is just a bit more in your face.

My knees have only just recovered from the sit in protest at Upton Park against Charlton in 1992. Almost 30 years to the day ironically so I’m afraid, in the words of Duncan Bannatyne, I’m out” 😜
Blimey. pretty sure i was at Upton park for our game against Charlton. Don't recall a sit in so must have left 😟
To be fair, Vic is looking like a saint these days. Can't remember being in embargoes under Vic. Perhaps they didn't exist then?

Last edited:
I'd have been staying behind if I was in the country, but I've seen a video from Chris Phillips and looks like barely anyone stayed behind.

Amazing what a Ronnie M statement and lumbering to a flattering 3 points against 10 men can do. Apathy strikes again. The little rat ******* will be rubbing his hands with glee.

I'd have been staying behind if I was in the country, but I've seen a video from Chris Phillips and looks like barely anyone stayed behind.

Amazing what a Ronnie M statement and lumbering to a flattering 3 points against 10 men can do. Apathy strikes again. The little rat ******* will be rubbing his hands with glee.
Southend fans unfortunately are not the most proactive fanbase going...... if this was millwall or Cardiff they would be ripping the place apart let alone sit down protest.

Was there but there was hardly anyone staying behind. Got told to leave by stewards which I found slightly ironic given the protest was about people not being paid!

Pathetic turnout. If we are going to protest lets protest. Just shows the apathy of our support. Like this we will never force the **** out
A sit in protest was never going to get many people. Aside from the fact it was only communicated yesterday/today, there are train strikes and it's a pretty empty way of protesting. What impact if any would it have?

Back