• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Sit in Protest Today

Have you actually read the statement? Ypu do realise that showing nothing but 100% support and backing for the players until the last of them has left the pitch is exactly what we are advocating, right? Or have you just read it how you want to read it?

So many people seem to be using this excuse ''it will affect the players and staff'' the protest is to make better change FOR THEM and us fans. Everyone is behind the team and staff they know that, this argument it will affect the team baffles me to be honest.

I just want to go to the game, support the team and then leave. Utterly pointless protests are going to achieve nothing and will just impact the players and coaching staff morale hearing this news. I fail to see what this achieves.

We have the best group of players, coaches and back room staff for several years. I will get fully behind the team and then leave! Now is not the time or the place,it was a year ago, not now.
No one said to protest during the game but to do it after. Will you still be happy knowing the players haven’t been paid next?? Can’t believe people are still happy to let Ron get away with everything. We will never get out of this league while he is still at the club. #martinout

Throughout history, many things have changed by way of protest. In this case if there is a mass protest it could generate more media coverage. This in turn could give a boost to any potential investors showing that they have the fans on their side. Even if FF goes ahead it is looking less and less likely to be the golden ticket to success. People who have power just love a passive audience who meekly accept the Status Quo. Hopefully the fans groups can come together and form a plan that can help change at the top come to fruition.

Usual Ron lovers moaning...... If Ron closed the club down today they would still defend him. Can't win with those fans unfortunately.

I can see the in reading the various posts that already as before we are getting a split in the fan base.Some wish to demonstrate / protest in some shape and others dont that's everyone choice.

WE NEED TO BE UNITED

Have to be a quick sit down for those going home via Prittlewell, last train, thanks Mick Lynch, is 5.02😩

Can we run a competition on how many will attend this protest with a Chris Powell mug as the prize? Under 200 is my guess

If Ron Martin owned my other team, Legia Warsaw, did the same to my club and put us into embargoes. He would get hung up by the lamp post as Legions are the most dangerous if he fcuk Legia up.

Had a thought about a 'new owner'.
It would either be another Ron thinking he can venture capitalise on Roots Hall, or that Blues fan who just won £100m on Euromillions.
I know which is the likelier.
I know another thing.
Were it to be a dubious sportswashing investor along the lines of Newcastle, I would withdraw my support after 60 years.
Those Magpie fans wearing tea towels when Saudi took over was 10% laughable and 90% pathetic.

I can see the in reading the various posts that already as before we are getting a split in the fan base.Some wish to demonstrate / protest in some shape and others dont that's everyone choice.

WE NEED TO BE UNITED
Unfortunately that's life M, we must respect fans decisions to sit or go without judgement, as for me i'll be sitting on my backside after the players have left the pitch. UTB,Martin out!!!

Unfortunately that's life M, we must respect fans decisions to sit or go without judgement, as for me i'll be sitting on my backside after the players have left the pitch. UTB,Martin out!!!
Exactly ST we must respect and not abuse other fans.Hopefully it's a respectable protest and some dont take actions we regret.

Had a thought about a 'new owner'.
It would either be another Ron thinking he can venture capitalise on Roots Hall, or that Blues fan who just won £100m on Euromillions.
I know which is the likelier.
I know another thing.
Were it to be a dubious sportswashing investor along the lines of Newcastle, I would withdraw my support after 60 years.
Those Magpie fans wearing tea towels when Saudi took over was 10% laughable and 90% pathetic.
Add to that a fan that wins the euros mental enough to invest in a non league football club and waste the majority of the winnings

Back