• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SKY+

Winkle

Manager
Does anyone no wether or how it is possible to record onto a disc from sky+? I havent got a dvd recorder but was thinking if there was a way i could upload to my P.C and burn a programme to disc...any help!!

Without a DVD recorder I believe the only way is to get yourself a hard drive that connects directly to your TV.
They ain't cheap and because they have made the casings so small the noise from the cooling fan/s is unbearable. (compared to a PC)

Expect to pay about £200.00

Example

Been looking at this: Could you not get a TV card for the PC. Connect SKY + to standard video, standard video into PC...? Some TV cards on Ebay, might have a dabble..........

Edit: Ok, bought one for £14, as soon as it comes I'll get back with the results.

i looked into the usb think and it cant be done because the usb ports on sky boxes arent activated for anything (they are there incase the mobile sky ipody thing comes out)

you can get dvd recorders for 40quid now so might be worth looking at that, i am because that way it will keepp the quality instead of sticking it onto vhs

off topic i know but can someone please try going on both skysports.com and sky.com because neither sites are working on my pc. its coming up with an error messeage if they are working on your pcs has anyone got an explanation all other websites are workin fine

All you need to do is use the Firewire port on the Sky+ box and link it up to your PC.

Then get some video capture software and job is done.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Nov. 16 2006,19:41)]All you need to do is use the Firewire port on the Sky+ box and link it up to your PC.

cheers, am going to try this but what cable would I have to use to do this?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Winkle @ Nov. 16 2006,19:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Nov. 16 2006,19:41)]All you need to do is use the Firewire port on the Sky+ box and link it up to your PC.

A firewire cable.

They come in different shapes and sizes but either a 4/6/8 pin version depending on the ports on your Sky+ box and PC.

Lol, anyone want to buy a TV card for their PC....damn Scriv....
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Nov. 16 2006,21:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Winkle @ Nov. 16 2006,19:50)]
[b said:

A firewire cable.

They come in different shapes and sizes but either a 4/6/8 pin version depending on the ports on your Sky+ box and PC.
Thanks scriv,I will let everyone no how I get on.

Back