• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Twinkle twinkle little star.....

• Total voters
For the past 30 odd years, i get to bed around 11-00 - 11-30pm depending what time i get home from darts and up again 4-00am to start work at 4-30am.Its all i ever needed , my body wakes me up no alarm clock. Its was my job to collect all the shopping trolleys from the streets in the next 3 surrounding towns.best done before all the traffic etc

Kids apart I'm much better than I was.

When I was working in banking and worked all hours I would probably manage about 2-3 hours sleep a night. I would go to sleep at about 10.30pm, and wake up at about 1.00am and not get back to sleep. That went on for years. I then decided to do something about it.

I made sure I did nothing in bed other than sleep. No reading, or watching TV.
If I woke up I got out of bed. That as the single most difficult thing to do.
If I felt tired I would go back to bed.
I stopped having caffeine after 3.00pm - which pretty much led to me not having caffeine at all.

Basically I trained my body to understand that bed was for sleeping. It took about a week or two, and it sorted me out, until I started needing to get up for the toilet. I got around this by simply not getting out of bed. After about a week I stopped waking up at all.

These days, assuming the kids don't wake me up, I sleep pretty well.

If I didn't work I wouldn't need much more than 6. But, looking at computer screens all day I struggle on less than 7! I sleep for 7-8 hours.

Bed around 11/12 ... Up at 5.30 generally, twice a week 5 and occassionally 6.30 ... Will have an snooze a couple of afternoons a week if poss!

Wide awake just for a change. At least getting to watch Cookie & Compo both edging towards tons.

Girlfriend goes to bed by 9, I go to bed at 12. I get up at 5:30, she gets up at 7:30. Occasionally we'll meet in the middle but we're both so used to our sleep patterns it's easier to stick to our own. On the occasions she stays up till ten I will go to bed at the same time and usually read a book for a couple of hours.

Girlfriend goes to bed by 9, I go to bed at 12. I get up at 5:30, she gets up at 7:30. Occasionally we'll meet in the middle but we're both so used to our sleep patterns it's easier to stick to our own. On the occasions she stays up till ten I will go to bed at the same time and usually read a book for a couple of hours.
Is 'read a book' a euphamism?

I was fairly sure that the only people from szfc that could read were me and fellow Trojan scrounger.

I have a real problem with sleep. I have no problem getting off to sleep but wake up EVERY night at least twice and can't seem to kick that. I'm almos always awake before the alarm. 5am yesterday 530 today. I still tend to get 6 hours min kip though not in one stint

No alarm clock, asleep between 10:30-11 and up around 8:30ish, usually unbroken

Back