• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

(Small) things you would ban

It's illegal to reverse onto a main rd
Unless they have changed the highway rules its not illegal.

Reversing from a side road to a main road is, but i'm sure the highway code states RE driveways that its preferable to reverse in allowing you to drive out, but only if you can. If you can't it leaves you able to drive in and thus reverse out. A possible grey area.

Definitely, and Slugs- especially the big fat yellow variety, they are a phobia of mine, I hate them…
They are the Spanish variety. Once they are in your garden they are a bugger to get rid of. Mrs RHB has a large jar of salted water with a lid and patrols her garden with a small pair of tongs. When said slug is captured it is dropped into the jar which more or less dissolves it almost instantly, I have pointed out that that is cruelty to insects! She has no sense of smell which she lost as a child, which is just as well as that water has an appalling smell when poured down the drain.

They are the Spanish variety. Once they are in your garden they are a bugger to get rid of. Mrs RHB has a large jar of salted water with a lid and patrols her garden with a small pair of tongs. When said slug is captured it is dropped into the jar which more or less dissolves it almost instantly, I have pointed out that that is cruelty to insects! She has no sense of smell which she lost as a child, which is just as well as that water has an appalling smell when poured down the drain.
“Patrols her garden with a small pair of tongs”😆 I love it, that really made me laugh.

Mrs RHB sounds like an insects worst nightmare, her vigilance is to be applauded.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RHB
“Patrols her garden with a small pair of tongs”😆 I love it, that really made me laugh.

Mrs RHB sounds like an insects worst nightmare, her vigilance is to be applauded.
81NMxNL392L._AC_SY445_.jpg

It's illegal to reverse onto a main rd
Definitely not illegal. About 10 years ago I started reversing on to a main road until I saw a cyclist coming down the hill (very far away from me) and I pulled back in. He then pretended to fall off his bike behind my car and laid down in the road. Hilariously he then got up, opened up his bag and put on his hi-viz and then laid back down. He also demanded I call an ambulance claiming that I hit him with my car (which I didn't) and stated it's illegal to reverse onto a main road. I cannot explain how far away he was from me, I could of should of just pulled out and went as I definitely had time, I was just being courteous and was in no rush.

I had to call an ambulance and the police and actually got put in a police car. Luck was on my side that day as two ladies come over to the police who had been sitting outside a pub next to where I pulled out of and explained what happened. They just happened to be off duty policy officers and thankfully I was let go. The cyclist then just got up without any issue and wasted the ambulances time.

Although I was extremely relieved, I did wonder why the two ladies didn't come over sooner as they had been sitting there the whole time. I asked the policeman if it was in fact illegal to reverse out onto a main road and he confirmed it wasn't, plus there was no other way for me to gain access to the road.

To my dismay the police also let the cyclist go without even having a word with him about lying etc and potentially getting me arrested etc.

To make things even worse, a few months later I got a call from my car insurance company saying a cyclist was trying to sue me for his injuries and damage to his bike. I think the cost was for 2k for the bike and helmet etc, his bike was worth £100 on a good day. Thankfully I took the details of the police officer and the two off duty police officers as I suspected something like this might happen. Some real scumbags out there even if they look like a fully respectable bloke like this one did.

Definitely not illegal. About 10 years ago I started reversing on to a main road until I saw a cyclist coming down the hill (very far away from me) and I pulled back in. He then pretended to fall off his bike behind my car and laid down in the road. Hilariously he then got up, opened up his bag and put on his hi-viz and then laid back down. He also demanded I call an ambulance claiming that I hit him with my car (which I didn't) and stated it's illegal to reverse onto a main road. I cannot explain how far away he was from me, I could of should of just pulled out and went as I definitely had time, I was just being courteous and was in no rush.

I had to call an ambulance and the police and actually got put in a police car. Luck was on my side that day as two ladies come over to the police who had been sitting outside a pub next to where I pulled out of and explained what happened. They just happened to be off duty policy officers and thankfully I was let go. The cyclist then just got up without any issue and wasted the ambulances time.

Although I was extremely relieved, I did wonder why the two ladies didn't come over sooner as they had been sitting there the whole time. I asked the policeman if it was in fact illegal to reverse out onto a main road and he confirmed it wasn't, plus there was no other way for me to gain access to the road.

To my dismay the police also let the cyclist go without even having a word with him about lying etc and potentially getting me arrested etc.

To make things even worse, a few months later I got a call from my car insurance company saying a cyclist was trying to sue me for his injuries and damage to his bike. I think the cost was for 2k for the bike and helmet etc, his bike was worth £100 on a good day. Thankfully I took the details of the police officer and the two off duty police officers as I suspected something like this might happen. Some real scumbags out there even if they look like a fully respectable bloke like this one did.

Still, i got a new bike out of it, so it was worth it in the end.

Bloody cyclists.

Reactions: ESG
Back