• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Hello chaps. Hope you all enjoyed the cold and snowy spell?

Things warming up a touch over the next few days, which will thaw out any remaining snow and ice.

If you think it's over though, you may need to think again...

Looks like we are back in the freezer next week and perhaps into and beyond xmas...Although a bit too early to be able to predict with certainty.

White xmas? Quite possibly....

More detailed analysis to follow later.

Last edited:
Smug barsteward alert:

In MK land we got very little and it melted in a few days. What was all the fuss about?

Smug barsteward alert:

In MK land we got very little and it melted in a few days. What was all the fuss about?
I don't think smug mode can ever be engaged when it relates to living in MK, no matter what the circumstances. You may not have had much snow but you do still live in Milton Keynes. It's like the old, yeah I may be drunk but when you wake up, you'll still be ugly line.

I don't think smug mode can ever be engaged when it relates to living in MK, no matter what the circumstances. You may not have had much snow but you do still live in Milton Keynes. It's like the old, yeah I may be drunk but when you wake up, you'll still be ugly line.

Spot on B!

Got to say, it was and still is bad in Kent. The ice on the roads and pavement is now a real problem. Please warm up and melt!!!

Looking on the long term forecasts the fishing industry use, very strong cold northerly winds accompanied with snow are predicted from next thursday onwards. At present they reckon the north will get the worst of it again. Hope they are right!

Surely we can't lose the final day of this school term to snow for a 2nd year running?! All the forecasts I've seen for down here indicate warming up over the weekend and then down to more regular temperatures, cold days and very cold nights but no snow. As to the old lot, well, todays mini heatwave has done a lot to help the thaw on its way, and as it's not dipping too far tonight I hope the wet stuff isn't going to ice over. Still some very bad roads round here, typically anything that runs east/west and particularly the south side of those roads which generally stay in the shadow of houses. Some massive mounds of snow and ice though from where people have cleared, which will take a while to go. Desperately hope it goes so the kids can get outside, a week of indoor play and lunch has been tough all round!

Met Office have signalled heavy snow for the end of the week... Should I be buying resources in preparation for another Snowpocalypse?

Just mentioned on Radio 2: Month long "ice-age" expected in January - cold enough to freeze the River Thames.

I will give an update soon chaps. It is a very difficult situation to forecast at the moment. Probably the most difficult I have known. We could have a lot of snow that lasts past xmas, or we could end up with a dusting and a green xmas. I would say that colder weather and the threat of snow will increase as we head towards Thursday/Friday certainly (Risk of Saturday's game falling victim) but after that I could not tell you at the moment. I will know more over the next 48hrs.

Last edited:
Early warnings out from the Met Office for Heavy Snow here Thursday-Saturday, and I wouldn't bet against it happening.

Will be interesting to see if Radio 2's cold January materialises. Will be good if th winters in this country start turning colder like they should do. People complain about the cold, saying it shouldn't be happening here, but I disagree. For a country this far north, snow and cold weather in the winter should be the norm. Mild winters of the last 40 years have been wholly unnatural IMO.

Maybe predictions from a few years ago of the Gulf Stream/NAO shifting slightly westwards are true?

Back