• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As i've said to Em yesterday eve, the forecast has been "up in the air" all week. It seems like only the next 12-24 hours are accurate and things are always changing. Im into the weather - not as much as Smiffish mind you! :thumbsup: People seem to have been panicing due to inaccurate forecasts and thats what seems to be the cause at times! It looks like its going to warm up again a little on Sat - so we might see more rain than snow!

As i've said to Em yesterday eve, the forecast has been "up in the air" all week. It seems like only the next 12-24 hours are accurate and things are always changing. Im into the weather - not as much as Smiffish mind you! :thumbsup: People seem to have been panicing due to inaccurate forecasts and thats what seems to be the cause at times! It looks like its going to warm up again a little on Sat - so we might see more rain than snow!

Kev, No way in the world is it going to warm up over the next few days. If anything it is going to get colder. Much colder....

Saturday as I see it, will either bring us lots of snow, or none at all. Rain is very unlikely (Although you can never rule anything out with the weather in the UK!)

Been dark all day really... I woke up at 4 to watch the cricket before heading to work and there wasn't much difference between 4am and 8am.

Sounds like we're set to miss the worst of it then, latest Met office warnings put it at 60% chance.

That might have been before sun-rise, depending on where exactly you are!

Sun-down is in about 10 minutes; this is like living in Scotland or the North. Roll on 22nd December and the days getting longer.

Kev, No way in the world is it going to warm up over the next few days. If anything it is going to get colder. Much colder....

Saturday as I see it, will either bring us lots of snow, or none at all. Rain is very unlikely (Although you can never rule anything out with the weather in the UK!)

From what i gather, its going to be colder tomorrow, than what it will be Saturday, but that is probably due to the cloud cover we are expected. Hey, im no expert, so dont listen to me, its just my punt on what will happen. So far, we've been predicted snow on Tues (didn't happen) - Today (not YET happened) so perhaps Sat wil be third time lucky!

Kev

With the pitch being frozen on Wednesday night, it's going to take some hard work to get it ok for Saturday I reckon. Cold temperatures aren't exactly going to help. Roll on 22nd December when it starts to get lighter during the day again!

And in Rayleigh! I bow to Smiffish! Cant see it sticking mind ...

:happy:

Nope, but I did also say it won't! :winking:

Should continue for another hour or two, then skies will clear and temps plunge well below freezing.

Ice will be the order of the day first thing.

Mostly dry tomorrow, with the odd snow shower, but very very cold.

Saturday still up in the air, but If I was to stick my neck out, I would say snow from around midday to midnight....Game certainly at risk and Wycombe fans travelling across will struggle...

Last edited:
Nope, but I did also say it won't! :winking:

Should continue for another hour or two, then skies will clear and temps plunge well below freezing.

Ice will be the order of the day first thing.

Mostly dry tomorrow, with the odd snow shower, but very very cold.

Saturday still up in the air, but If I was to stick my neck out, I would say snow from around midday to midnight....Game certainly at risk and Wycombe fans travelling across will struggle...

The telegraph are now saying 4-8 inches everywhere by the end of saturday.

Snowed a tiny bit, now it's blue skies and sunny here, moving south by the looks of it.

Back