• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Snowing here but have put ten concrete blocks in the back of the transit to turn it into a 4x4,hope the Berri game is on tonight.

Meteogroup forecasts have us down for intermittent snow showers, some heavy, between 6am tomorrow and Monday morning.

Not sure who those amateurs are ESB but if its not from Smiffish its not weather

Haha.

I will firm up on tomorrows developments this evening. It really is a difficult one to call. The snow will either brush us to the South or paste us in the SS district.

Everything I have looked at today, points to between 2-5" of snow in the early hours through till tomorrow night. But, just a slight shift of the Low pressure system can make all the difference.

I would say your in a prime spot for quite a bit of the white stuff Andy.

Right, the weather models are up **** creek without a paddle and the pro's are struggling as well.

I'm going to go with my gut feeling here.

Maybe a few showers passing through in the early hours, which may leave a dusting.

Tomorrow (Sat) around 11am-Midday I "think" it will start snowing. As a low pressure system swings in from the WSW (Wycombe fans could have a ******* of a journey) Only lightly to start with, but by 2-3pm or thereabouts, I expect the intensity to pick up and it will start to lay quite readily. This will continue through the evening hours, before dying down and moving away by about 10-11pm. Total accumulations by then, around the 5-10cm (2-4") mark, that sort of touch. Locally more/less as always. Maybe a lot more IF the system stalls and backbuilds at all, which is always a possibility in this setup.

So we may have a match that starts, but may fail to finish. Will be interesting to see what happens.

As I said, this a gut feeling and me sticking my reputation on the line!

I could be well wide of the mark and I will hang my head in shame if that is the case. But, this is not your average winter setup and even the super computers are struggling with the synoptics.

Even if we miss tomorrow's snow, there's the potential for more dumps of the white stuff on Sun/Mon & Tues!

Oh and looking ahead. Xmas day will be very cold and frosty at least, I am almost certain of that. As for snow, who knows, it is a real possibility though...Worst case, any snow that falls over the next few days will probably remain until the big day anyway. So a faux white christmas is almost nailed on.

Last edited:
Looks to me like we'll get a fair whack this afternoon and into the evening, and could be looking at up to and perhaps over 15cms in places.

As Smiffy said, parts of London, Kent and Surrey getting hit, so it's on its way. The real centre of it, i.e. the worst part, should be passing north of London, so parts of Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire could be looking at very heavy snowfall. Good job the Wycombe fans didn't have to journey here today.

Anyway. It's coming.

Looks to me like we'll get a fair whack this afternoon and into the evening, and could be looking at up to and perhaps over 15cms in places.

As Smiffy said, parts of London, Kent and Surrey getting hit, so it's on its way. The real centre of it, i.e. the worst part, should be passing north of London, so parts of Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire could be looking at very heavy snowfall. Good job the Wycombe fans didn't have to journey here today.

Anyway. It's coming.

I'm about 20 minutes drive from Wycombe and no-one round here with their head screwed on would even contemplate driving; it's absolutely piled down in the last couple of hours.

Back