• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
For God's sake this is getting ridiculous.

The stuff I heard in the East Blacks today was priceless... No-one said anything after his fantastic quick distribution in the first half with a great kick to Tomlin who took on the defender and had a great shot. However, after their 1st goal, which didn't get anywhere near him because Prossers challenge preventing him saving the ball, some joker piped up "Well done Smith, couldn't even hold it".

Then, after his save in the second half, which was a decent tip over the bar, the same bloke chipped in with "And he nearly let that one through his hands!"

He bemoaned the fact the Smith's goalkick went over Corr's head but soon shut up when Tomlin ran onto the ball to equalise.

In the Far Post afterwards, 2 guys were discussing the first goal and one bloke was absolutely adamant that Bentley would have saved it. Laughable.

If anyone wants to see a keeper with poor kicking, check out the Bradford one. Either out of play or straight to Smith, giving us the ball back and their strikers no chance at all.

Smith wasn't at all woeful today, far from it. Just an average game.

Had no chance with either goal, some excellent distribution and an excellent save in the second half. On one occasion he should have come off his line to help Prosser out, but other than that didn't do much wrong today IMO

How can you praise a keeper from punting a ball up field he wasn't exactly picking out players a'la Federici was he? Bit of a weak case for the 'Pro Smith' argument.

He is a very decent shot stopper, just lacks a presence and needs to be vocal. He must be decent and his career will show, but for me he is under par of what I felt he would bring to the club.

For me, he is a good shot stopper, kicking is ok, he lacks a presence but he really needs to be more decisive with coming off his line and certainly needs to be more vocal.

But he is our number one and our senior keeper for the next 18 months so lets back him and not ruin him.

He is this season's target for the boo boys. Unless he has a sensational season from now on, I doubt this matter will go away. As for Bentley, I'm sure he had a good game, but I'm sure we will see his performances with a biased opinion because he came through our youth system, like with the others.

Don't feel he was at fault for either goal tbh. The 1st goal was just an unlucky rebound from a pretty decent save which just happened to land at their players feet! The 2nd goal was just one of those tricky balls into the area which should have been dealt with by Prosser but was just sliced into his own net. Overall, he was ok today but I still wish he had more confidence to occasionally leave his line and call out more to the defenders.

Don't feel he was at fault for either goal tbh. The 1st goal was just an unlucky rebound from a pretty decent save which just happened to land at their players feet! The 2nd goal was just one of those tricky balls into the area which should have been dealt with by Prosser but was just sliced into his own net. Overall, he was ok today but I still wish he had more confidence to occasionally leave his line and call out more to the defenders.

It was a very good tackle by Prosser and the rebound was unlucky to fall to Wells

How can you praise a keeper from punting a ball up field he wasn't exactly picking out players a'la Federici was he? Bit of a weak case for the 'Pro Smith' argument.

He is a very decent shot stopper, just lacks a presence and needs to be vocal. He must be decent and his career will show, but for me he is under par of what I felt he would bring to the club.

For me, he is a good shot stopper, kicking is ok, he lacks a presence but he really needs to be more decisive with coming off his line and certainly needs to be more vocal.

But he is our number one and our senior keeper for the next 18 months so lets back him and not ruin him.

Even if he was as vocal as his critics in the ground I suspect that still would not be good enough for many of our so-called "fans" who would just find other things to moan about.

People have decided he's rubbish and are now just looking for other things to complain about. First it was that he punched too often, then it was that his kicking was rubbish. When he has a game when he doesn't punch and his kicking is generally excellent, culminating in setting up a goal, it's that he's not vocal enough.

I support smith i support all i support southend united so should all of us we all want our team to succeed so lets get on with it. Coyb.

Welcome to football! Most fans are blinded through stupidity the others are
actually fans!!!

It could be worse - we could have signed Phil Smith in pre season and then there really would have been something to moan about.

Wasn't a save at all mate... Prossers block stopped him getting near it.

Smith is a fantastic shot stopper

Absolutely sick of some fans

Get behind the team or go home

Actually, the one to Tomlin was picked out a la Federici. Quite deliberate.

Prosser waved an apology to smith. That sums that goal up..Thought Prosser and smith did well against a good bradford team. Typical Parkinson's mob with some loot.. Fair result all together

I am really disliking our fans lately. For this, then the deadman stuff which was completely unnecessary...Get a grip, get behind Smith and stop giving him unwarranted stick.

Actually, the one to Tomlin was picked out a la Federici. Quite deliberate.

Yep I was sat behind him and that one in the first half was definitely deliberate. Brilliant ball which went unnoticed because our fans just won't give the guy credit.

I really do wonder why some fans near me bother going because they only seem to moan week in week out and I swear they've not once praised a player. I sit in the West Stand, just next to the barrier between the Family section and the rest of the stand. Constant moaning and sarcastic cheering doesn't help.

Smith wasn't at fault for either goal so stop the needless booing and criticism or just shut up.

I would pay more attention to the Smith bashing if it wasn't the same people saying the same thing before and after the game, you can find holes in anyone's game especially at this level, those who keep bashing have made there minds up that Smith is s#*t and Bentley is the next Peter Schmeichel.
I for one am happy in this division to have a better than average keeper and a solid young back up for the future...

Back