• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cockle43

Manager⭐
(Was) Back home on the North Bank now back in W.
As the title says.

I'm now totally confused.

Earlier in the week we have reports in the Echo saying that we've been categorically told we can't sign anymore players/loanees due to us being up against the embargo limit.

A day or so later we're told that the proposed loan signing of Kiernan has been prevented by the embargo limit and he can't join.

Then, today, from the Twitter feed and the Club site I find out that we've signed Kiernan on a three month loan deal and he's gone straight into the squad for today's game.

So, quite simply, have we somehow discharged whatever was causing the embargo or can anyone explain to me what the hell is going on? :duh: :stunned:

It's never boring, is it? :winking:

Simple answer, no I don't think anyone really knows what is going on!

After this signing, I have no idea. Like you I was led to believe we were at our limit, then this. Im just happy we might have a half decent CB.

Its a loophole in the embargo ruling. If you dont have enough fit players in a certain position, you are allowed special dispensation to bring one in for that particular position. The Embargo still remains. We just appear to be very clever at operating under one.

Its a loophole in the embargo ruling. If you dont have enough fit players in a certain position, you are allowed special dispensation to bring one in for that particular position. The Embargo still remains. We just appear to be very clever at operating under one.
We should be, with the years of experience we have.
:winking:

Exactly this. Why bother settling the debt if there are so many loopholes to expose? It's clear RM is not concerned about the general perception of the club from outsiders by taking this route and I can't say I disagree.

you wouldn't think they'd allow a 3 month loan though it that was the reason

the football league have done themselves over with that one. to get around uefa loan rulings saying they should only happen in transfer windows, they suggested that emergency loans could last up to 93 days. they cant then say to any of their clubs that that isnt a suitable amount of time for an emergency loan.

Back