• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SO when will the takeover go through?

When will the sale complete?

• Mid/End May

Votes: 85 28.1%
  • June

Votes: 56 18.5%
  • July

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • August

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • September

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • October - December

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Early 2025

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • March - May 2025

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • Never

Votes: 101 33.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are the rats financial backers egging Martin along this path to the clubs destruction.
We know it’s a typical rat play in progress, but is he being encouraged by this CBRE.
What do we really know about his business partner ? Are they an ethical financier with some morals, or are they just as dodgy as 🐀.
From what I can see they could be a major hurdle to overcome.
Or am I going up a dead end road with this .
I would have thought a large charge on a dilapidated stadium that they can neither sell or develop would be sub optimal- that said the overall deal has to fly financially and very likely this is impacting what gets built and terms like lease length. No doubt, all these changes were precisely to meet those requirements, and I am sure they will have been involved in that, but I can’t see how CRBE would sign anything off until they see the final proposal post DD (so not yet?)

It’s not my opinion, it’s from someone I trust implicitly.

Everything they have told me so far has transpired, first with Kimura and now the consortium.

We all know how bad Ron is, but trust me when I say you don’t know just how bad he and Jack really are.

If you multiply it by a hundred, that still doesn’t even come close to how bad that man and his son are and what they are doing to this football club for their own personal greed.

Hi ForeverBlue,

Does your source have a view of what Ron and Jack’s endgame is with all this?

You’ve been spot on since the get go, it would be interesting to know if the Martin’s have a plan or if they’re reacting to situations as they present themselves.

CBRE are massive players in the property market, not some fly by night dodge back street business
Has anyone contacted them about why the requested information in relation to their deal has not been received on time?

This is true, I work for CBRE in residential. The part involved with the club nothing to do with me.

I have offered to hunt down the people within CBRE who are responsible.

I imagine it's Herbin Duffield, who was involved with the CBRE/Merseyside Pension deal with Peel Ports

Peter Wallach is head of pensions at Merseyside Pension Fund. I've requested to connect with him

Not immediately.

But if there's no stadium and no RH refurbishment then there's a spare £20m around
And an extra 500 units on RH as well.

Given current scenarios I can't see Jack Martin bothering about waiting a few years & Ron will be in the Heaven for Property Developers by then.

The only saving grace. We have exchanged on the transaction. There must be massive financially penalties if the other party don't deliver on completion of a transaction.
Sadly not as I understand it. If the contracts are not signed and dated a.k.a 'completed' the contents within are nothing but words.

Pretty sure the only remedies at this stage would be termination of the written agreements, but someone more legally versed than me may know more.

Unless the parties signed a separate agreement setting out responsibility for costs during negotiations, nobody will owe anyone money for a failure to reach a final agreement.

My personal opinion is that Ron is working on the assumption that he can long it out to get what he wants from the council. If the council take too long then the consortium walk away and he can blame the council.

He will then say he did what he could. Obviously we know that the hold up is in part with him and backers.

He will then, with the club out of the way try and build on roots hall and Fossetts without the need for a stadium build. No club, no stadium.

I think it needs a difinitive time by the consortium, after which they walk away ie a cut off date.

Additionally the council need to make it clear that should this deal not go through then it's highly unlikely any further planning will be agreed at Fossetts or roots hall.

It's the only way to make Ron realise it's **** or bust.
He can’t build on roots hall because of the covenant. He is ( in my opinion) very aware of this or else he would have simply let the club die years ago if he thought that he could then simply apply for planning.

As I posted earlier the covenant down just cover SUFC, it also covers a phoenix club a
So this ( as I understand it) screws Rob .

Happy ( well won’t be happy as the covenant is good for us) to be told I am wrong.

I imagine it's Herbin Duffield, who was involved with the CBRE/Merseyside Pension deal with Peel Ports

Peter Wallach is head of pensions at Merseyside Pension Fund. I've requested to connect with him
Chaps. Thank you very much.

A trip to Head Office at the start of next week, it is!!
Thank you 😊

Back