• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Turpinator

Saga Lout
Just interested to know how many of us have decided NOT to got to Layer Road tonight and why.

I'll start it off by saying I already had tickets for the filming of a TV show booked for tonight, before they announced the match. When they did, to my fiancee's disgust, I said I may have to "drop out" & goto the footy. However, when I saw that Col Ewe were taking the mick with the prices they were charging I thought it wasn't worth "denting" my relationship & bank balance for a 1st rd LDV game, even though it is vs The Scum.

...and before anyone thinks about questioning my loyalty, I have been watching SUFC for 25 years, am now in my 14th season as a season ticket holder & in the early 90's did a run of not missing a Southend 1st team game, anywhere in the world, for 4 years & 7 months. That included 2 trips to Italy & I was also watching England home & away at the time!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Sep. 29 2004,16:32)]Which TV Show it is?
It's that Angus Deayton quiz show - "Bognor or Bust" - that's been on ITV - nothing spectacular but never been to anything like that before, tickets were free & if the "guest" gets the final question wrong a random member of the audience wins the holiday instead...here's hoping that happens & either myself of my fiancee are Mr or Miss Random Audience Member!!!

'Faking it', thay want to see if he can trick the shrimperzone message board into believing he is a loyal supporter!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Sep. 29 2004,16:37)]'Faking it', thay want to see if he can trick the shrimperzone message board into believing he is a loyal supporter!

tounge.gif
OK, so I knew I would be leaving myself open to some criticism. Funny comment, I admit, but if you want to play it like that:

1 How long have you been supporting SUFC?
2 How many SUFC games have you been to?
3 How many grounds have you seen SUFC play at?
4 Have you seen SUFC play abroad (Canvey not included!)?

etc., etc.....

The fact is the vast majority of us who post on the board are LOYAL SUPPORTERS whether we go to every match or not.

It's just interesting to know anyone elses reasons for not going tonight.

Oh, by the way, are you going?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Turpinator @ Sep. 29 2004,16:29)]However, when I saw that Col Ewe were taking the mick with the prices they were charging I thought it wasn't worth "denting" my relationship & bank balance for a 1st rd LDV game, even though it is vs The Scum.
£13 for a competitive first team match is not unreasonable. You would pay that to watch Canvey!

Bearing in mind we were charging a tenner for dross friendlies, I can't see what the problem is.

Angus is back......he's been every where recently.  Good to know the British public is so forgiving.  Seen many free recordings myself, don't feel gulity.  Just ****ed off when we win!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Sep. 29 2004,16:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Turpinator @ Sep. 29 2004,16:29)]However, when I saw that Col Ewe were taking the mick with the prices they were charging I thought it wasn't worth "denting" my relationship & bank balance for a 1st rd LDV game, even though it is vs The Scum.
£13 for a competitive first team match is not unreasonable. You would pay that to watch Canvey!

Bearing in mind we were charging a tenner for dross friendlies, I can't see what the problem is.
I think it is, considering that's what they charged us for the AREA FINAL last season.

Yes, it is a competitive game but most fans attitudes towards the early rounds of the LDV are that they are like friendlies.

A tenner would, imho, have been more reasonable.

However, I did still have my relationship to think about when making my final decision!!!

With the exception of opposition fans and a select few friends, (CANV Seadogs & Chelmsford)who come on this site to banter with us or bait us, everyone one here must be a true fan of the mighty shrimpers.

I'm not going, I only got back from hurricane strewn Florida yesterday after a big delay and I'm too tired to bother trying to get a ticket and get there.

I'm not going for a variety of reasons, not least because (as W4 Shrimper & Shepherd's Bush Shrimper will vouch) there's a high chance of missing the train back to London, which means me getting back home well after midnight... and that's not too clever seeing as I've got to interview someone tomorrow who, I think, will be a rather slippery customer...

If anyone wants to send me text updates, however, that would be most welcome.

If anyone wants to accuse me of being a disloyal supporter... go ahead! What makes you think I care what anyone else thinks...?

laugh.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 29 2004,17:45)]I'm not going for a variety of reasons, not least because (as W4 Shrimper & Shepherd's Bush Shrimper will vouch) there's a high chance of missing the train back to London, which means me getting back home well after midnight... and that's not too clever seeing as I've got to interview someone tomorrow who, I think, will be a rather slippery customer...

If anyone wants to send me text updates, however, that would be most welcome.

If anyone wants to accuse me of being a disloyal supporter... go ahead!  What makes you think I care what anyone else thinks...?

laugh.gif
tounge.gif
Staying in with Brian instead Matt?
wink.gif

Im not going....cant get back to Vange if i was travelling from there, and there's definately no chance of getting back to Cheltenham

Back