• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So who do you think will get poached?

Lucas D

First XI
I think Dave the Kitman will definitely get poached..... rumour has it that numerous Premier$hite scouts have been down at the hall scouting his kit washing talents.

How much do you think we would get for him??

A lifetime supply of Persil maybe?

rock.gif

If Dave leaves there will be a rather large surplus of half time burgers and pies......what will become of them?
down.gif

Not to mention the teams kit.......the club really has let this potential disastor go un noticed......they should re-issue Dave the Kitman with an iron clad contract with a minimum release fee of atleast a few mil.

Gutts seemed pretty psyched up at the end of Col U game, i would hope he stays. I think if we lose our winning ability in the championship then thats the time to panic!

Cant see any of em wanting to go while we can match their ambitions of promotion.....

I am sure a bad season next year and we will struggle to keep Freddy and Gutts.......And maybe few others who adapt well to life in the Championship.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ulysses @ Mar. 15 2006,12:05)]Gutts seemed pretty psyched up at the end of Col U game, i would hope he stays. I think if we lose our winning ability in the championship then thats the time to panic!
I think while Gutts is clearly happy here and enjoying his football I suspect if a significantly bigger Championship club ior maybe one in the Premier$hite came in for him he'd be off and I don't blame him for that. Eastwood on the other hand I think it would take a lot for him to leave here in the very near future as he seems to be a bit of a "homer" and is enjoying being a big fish in a small pond at Southend United (a small pond which will hopefully soon become a larger one in light of recent events on and off the pitch). I think at this point in his career it would take a Premier$hite club for Freddy to consider leaving. At some stage he will obviously move on but I think in the short-term he's delighted to be able to make these career advances with a side he really enjoys being a part of - Southend United  
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Mar. 15 2006,12:16)]Eastwood on the other hand I think it would take a lot for him to leave here in the very near future as he seems to be a bit of a "homer" and is enjoying being a big fish in a small pond at Southend United (a small pond which will hopefully soon become a larger one in light of recent events on and off the pitch). I think at this point in his career it would take a Premier$hite club for Freddy to consider leaving. At some stage he will obviously move on but I think in the short-term he's delighted to be able to make these career advances with a side he really enjoys being a part of - Southend United  
smile.gif
Totally agree. ASSUMING we get promoted then Freddy should be happy to stay. My worry then is that his contract will be coming to an end. If we have a bad year in the championship then I imagine he will move on and we will not get our moneys worth. IIRC he's contract terminates in June2007 right?

I'd would like to think IF we were to go up, everybody will stay apart from the ones Tilly gets rid off.

If we don't go up I'd then worry bout the like of Gutts and Eastwood.

If we go up then I can see nobody leaving unless a premership club came in for them. And if thats the case then I will say thank you very much for eveything and good luck because people like Eastwood and Gutts can not turn that type of opportunity down. But at the moment every single player who wears the Southend shirt is dedicated to the club.

Oh the joys of supporting a lower league club. Just when you think, 'nay know you have a decent side the big boys come in and rape it for you.
I would love to think players will turn down offers and we can march on but I must harden myself for the sadness. Enjoy it whilst it lasts and cheer the team to the title. Prepare to be heart broken in the close season.

Back