• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He has more of chance with the 3 crocks up front, I'm all for giving the lad a chance if we can't bring anyone else in.

We have 3 strikers, a Straker and Hurst, 5 players for 3 positions.

He isnt needed although I would still like someone else, preferably a wide player though and not a like for like replacement for Reid.

We have 3 strikers, a Straker and Hurst, 5 players for 3 positions.

He isnt needed although I would still like someone else, preferably a wide player though and not a like for like replacement for Reid.

Spot on. As PB said in one of the Echo interviews, the "9" position is pretty much sorted but the "11" and "7" positions could probably do with a bit more competition.

So, as we approach transfer deadline day, and as we are playing up to an hour before it closes, can we expect that we will see all of our business concluded inside the next 24 hours?

So, as we approach transfer deadline day, and as we are playing up to an hour before it closes, can we expect that we will see all of our business concluded inside the next 24 hours?

No , I think Moyes will make a double swoop for Bentley and Leonard during the game tomorrow , forcing Brown to take them off mid way through the first half.

That works out well, doesn't it? For the first time I can remember, transfer deadline day we be eclipsed by an actual game of football (hope it goes ahead). More important things to think about, in the final hours than who may leave and possible signings that never materialise.
Having said that, this thread did start with the news that 'players could be coming and going' this week. So far, all we've had is Woodrow's exit........all gone quiet on the Reid front. Perhaps we should put more emphasis on the 'could' in that phrase?

That works out well, doesn't it? For the first time I can remember, transfer deadline day we be eclipsed by an actual game of football (hope it goes ahead). More important things to think about, in the final hours than who may leave and possible signings that never materialise.
Having said that, this thread did start with the news that 'players could be coming and going' this week. So far, all we've had is Woodrow's exit........all gone quiet on the Reid front. Perhaps we should put more emphasis on the 'could' in that phrase?

It will be a bit concerning if Bentley gets subbed after 17 minutes though....

It appears to me that this season Reid has taken the mantle from Straker and P Smith as everyones fall guy,I dont get it,the lad hasnt up till now been given an opportunity to really show his wares,i think a couple of sub appearances early in the season,i personally dont think he can be as bad as you people make out,didnt he score 11 or 14 goals last season for a team that got relegated from league 2 to conference,Not A bad effort in a relegated team.

It appears to me that this season Reid has taken the mantle from Straker and P Smith as everyones fall guy,I dont get it,the lad hasnt up till now been given an opportunity to really show his wares,i think a couple of sub appearances early in the season,i personally dont think he can be as bad as you people make out,didnt he score 11 or 14 goals last season for a team that got relegated from league 2 to conference,Not A bad effort in a relegated team.

From the few chances he has had he struggled terribly. The 45 minutes in the JPT game he looked awful although I admit he shouldn't be judged purely on that he hasn't had enough pitch time but its hard to argue why he should get any game time now. The previous games I have seen him before he signed for us I have never been impressed with him and was disappointed when we signed him if im honest. Best all round if he leaves.

Buffalowolf, I think you absolutely right. I would not be surprised if Reid gets a run of games (ie 4 or 5 in a row) he would start scoring. He certainly has a goal-scoring record. And those sort of players are not easy to come by.

Back