• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Soap Opera Background Music

Whilst watching that fly on the walll documentary Coronation Street yesterday (12/10) there was a moment when the chinless ferret looking Gail Platt called up to the angsty jealous son  David.
Retorting her suddenly he began to play Joy Divisions "Transmission". That bass line! that Drum intro!Awesome. has cheered me up for the rest of the week to see our soap opera teenagers have been sourcing old underground anthems to listen to.

What other background music have fellow zoners jumped up out of their comfy chairs and began to dance around the living room to?

Teenage Kicks gets used quite a bit (but not really in soaps)

I would have thought that "Love will tear us apart" would have been more appropriate for the Platt family

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Oct. 13 2005,09:11)]Neighbours is the worst
You should have just stopped there, Scott...

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Oct. 13 2005,06:16)]Whilst watching that fly on the walll documentary Coronation Street yesterday (12/10) there was a moment when the chinless ferret looking Gail Platt called up to the angsty jealous son David.
Retorting her suddenly he began to play Joy Divisions "Transmission". That bass line! that Drum intro!Awesome. has cheered me up for the rest of the week to see our soap opera teenagers have been sourcing old underground anthems to listen to.

What other background music have fellow zoners jumped up out of their comfy chairs and began to dance around the living room to?
I noticed Hollyoaks played Love Will Tear Us Apart last night as well...

Neighbours used to play Goldfinger by Ash and Girl Like You by Edwyn Collins, IIRC (but we're talking about 5 or 6 years ago).

I was very surprised when halfway through the X-Factor a couple of weeks ago they played "Ikabena" by Kevin Shields, from the Lost In Translation soundtrack.

I seem to remember when that serial killer bloke was in Corrie he tried to kill all of Gails family whilst driving into the river playing the "You and Me Song" by The Wannadies

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ Oct. 13 2005,15:00)]I was very surprised when halfway through the X-Factor a couple of weeks ago they played "Ikabena" by Kevin Shields, from the Lost In Translation soundtrack.
Whenever they are trying to build tension in the X Factor I notce they use songs like that one, they also seem to like that Moby one from "Heat"

The X Factor? It's only good when the auditions are on.... classic entertainment (and a lesson in how to humilate yourself!)

I've often notice eastenders playing a fair bit of clubland stuff.

A few years ago when the asian family were having a noise dispute with that neighbour, and one scene was p*ssing them off because he played 'Set You Free' really loud. Let him play it loud i say!!
biggrin.gif

Incidently the rain at the beginning of SYF is from a BBC Sound Effects Collection, so its full circle stuff really!
cool.gif

Back