• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sodding fireworks!!!

lee_sufc

Coach
Seriously....if I here ONE MORE firework I am going to go sodding mental!!!!!!

What is the point in spending out on fireworks at your house when there are 20 people around you doing exactly the same?

RANT. OVER. :mad:

I can't see the point in any of it and I doubt many of 'em know what they're celebrating.

Give me the good old Diwali (festival of light)...which, firework haters, is this weekend so it ain't over yet :)

anyone see the fireworks shop got set alight in rayleigh highstreet whilst people were working in there at 5 this afternoon

Agreed, It's not much fun trying to get my 2 year old to sleep at the moment.

Even worse. Our cat refuses to go out at night at the moment and hides under our bed. He comes out a couple of times during the night, at about 2.00am and 4.00am for just long enough to jump on the bed and wake us up.

Some tit was letting them off at 6 o'clock this morning. Considering it was daylight, I fail to see what this achieved.... :p

Fireworks were still lighting up the Laindon skies at 12.45am last night and making enough noise to wake me up just as I managed to doze off.

I'm no killjoy but surely the government should look at the sale and distribution of fireworks. This year seemed ridiculous and I'm all for public displays only now.

Mine was scared enough after we took her to a display at the weekend but now she's emotionally scarred after a bunch of braindead chavs decided it would be fun to launch rockets at her & my Mrs as they walked back from the train last night!

It took 2 hours to calm her down & finally get her to sleep as every time she was about to nod off, some other community minded soul decided to let off a £100 Showerblast rocket! She rarely gets upset at anything but to hear her say she was scared and it was too noisy was heartbreaking!

Fireworks were still lighting up the Laindon skies at 12.45am last night and making enough noise to wake me up just as I managed to doze off.

I'm no killjoy but surely the government should look at the sale and distribution of fireworks. This year seemed ridiculous and I'm all for public displays only now.

According my my pryotechic loving brother it costs £150 to get a license to open up one of these shops for a month! Basically anyone can get one and then start selling on to joe public.

The pryotechnic industry voted to banned all fireworks being sold from local shops and supermarkets because they were selling them to anyone. If this happened then you would only be able to buy them from a registered supplier which for us would be Chelmsford.

But ofcourse parliament decided against the vote because it makes too much money for every. Especially the supermarkets,

According my my pryotechic loving brother it costs £150 to get a license to open up one of these shops for a month! Basically anyone can get one and then start selling on to joe public.

The pryotechnic industry voted to banned all fireworks being sold from local shops and supermarkets because they were selling them to anyone. If this happened then you would only be able to buy them from a registered supplier which for us would be Chelmsford.

But ofcourse parliament decided against the vote because it makes too much money for every. Especially the supermarkets,

What a load of rubbish. £150 too much money for the government? They deal in hundreds of billions and you reckon the government decided against it because a couple of hundred shops pay £150 to the local council?

I'm guessing from the posts in this thread that it was bad in Essex too, but around my way last night was the most fireworks let off I've ever seen in 7 years of living here (4 of living in the suburbs)!

I likened it to somebody having heisted a fireworks factory & then flogging them off cheap in local pubs & clubs, it seemed to me people were letting off display quality fireworks in thier own back garden (unless there's been huge advances in pyro-technology over the past few years?)

it seems yet again the minority spoiling it for the majority. I like to go to Public displays but I also enjoy having a few friends round, BBQ , and a little firework display. Why should I not be allowed to do this?

I feel the problem is down to how the fireworks are sold rather than the masses being totally irresponsible. Lets sort that out before considering banning them. Or should SZ.com be renamed to VictorMeldew.com. Next you will be wanting to ban carol singers and chestnut sellers.

Back