• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sol Not on Furlough!

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Chris Phillips has just confirmed on Twitter that Sol is not on furlough.

If he hasn’t been communicating with the players then that really is unacceptable!

interesting how this has become almost a fact ...

Presumably this means RM has made all the decisions regarding the contracts... and been the one spealing to the youngsters who signed.

It is true that Milligan confirmed he had not spoken to Sol at all but the decision making time scale could explain that - i.e. bye bye Mark ..

Of course it could possibly be an indication that Sol is about the break my heart and leave the mighty Shrimpers..

BTW - I saw the new squad list an thought not bad for a bunch that has probably dropped all the major wage earners .. at least 25 k a week saved and a far better looking group.

Really can't really see that there has been much to say other than theres a letter in the post ..
If the report as are true and he hasnt spoken to the players about anything then i find that poor, he could ring and make sure they are ok, ensure they are following any plans they have been given.

Really can't really see that there has been much to say other than theres a letter in the post ..

When people say "he hasn't spoken to them", you do realise they don't just mean that he hasn't spoken to them about work or about their futures. They mean that he literally has not spoken to them at all. No "hey, how are you doing, what have you been up to, how are the family?". Nothing. No checking in on their mental health. No "you can't do any work but you know where I am if you need anything or have any questions". No social catch-up. Nothing.

The bloke couldn't man manage if his life depended on it. He has no people skills.

The lack of communication, the constant cryptic nonsense on social media, the sky appearance.. all these things are starting to wonder if he is worthy of my support.

I’m in the belief that on the field, despite the relegation we have actually improved with Sol. Given the tools at his disposal we’ve had some pretty decent performances and results and the younger players especially seem to be playing for him. That said, not speaking to any of them throughout this whole pandemic, the link with the vacant Bolton job (albeit in the press more than Sol himself) it just seems like he tries to distant himself to the club at times. I’m not sure if he is the man to stick around next season and rebuild.

Last edited:
When people say "he hasn't spoken to them", you do realise they don't just mean that he hasn't spoken to them about work or about their futures. They mean that he literally has not spoken to them at all. No "hey, how are you doing, what have you been up to, how are the family?". Nothing. No checking in on their mental health. No "you can't do any work but you know where I am if you need anything or have any questions". No social catch-up. Nothing.

The bloke couldn't man manage if his life depended on it. He has no people skills.

Exactly this, how are the players supposed to respect him and play for him when he can’t even be bothered to check in on them.

Exactly this, how are the players supposed to respect him and play for him when he can’t even be bothered to check in on them.

What’s more concerning, is how some players tried to contact Sol, looking for advice about things to work on, and how to improve their game, only for those requests to be ignored.

I fully appreciate that Sol has been dealt a bad hand since joining us. But in poker we have an old saying which I think is apt here; It’s not the cards you are dealt, it’s how you play them.

I can’t see him taking the Bolton job. Three basket case clubs in a row? Surely even he’s not that crazy.

possibly Sol had no idea of what the situation was - no idea of what the EFLs plans were - no idea what RM was thinking - no idea on the future of football, the club - his own situation .

plus some were getting binned off .. and some havng cut to the money ("offered") on others..

I mean how useful was it ...

"Hi Luke - you well mate.. ? Keeping fit ?"
"Hi Sam, you good ? What you thinking these days ?"
"Theo - buddy ... well whats up ?"
"Mark - yep ... the coaching thing not happening - heres the number for Qantas"

It is what is ...

But as you know I am completely biased in his favour ...

I do wonder what RM thinks cos the players wage bill looks a good million quid per annum lighter ... plus incoming cash from Hopper - plus as you know a clubs most valuable assetts are its players contracts and the value of the SUFC players has increased ,,, particularly Kelman and maybe Humphries .. plus the youngs uns in midfield ...

As a business man I would not be too gutted at the way things are going ..

The FF promised land is getting closer and I actually think having the high profile Sol at the club will be helpful for RM and SUFC ...

I preparing for a period of intensive therapy when he deserts us ....

I can’t see him taking the Bolton job. Three basket case clubs in a row? Surely even he’s not that crazy.

Think that one is out of his hands, sounds like they’ve gone for Evatt.

possibly Sol had no idea of what the situation was - no idea of what the EFLs plans were - no idea what RM was thinking - no idea on the future of football, the club - his own situation .

plus some were getting binned off .. and some havng cut to the money ("offered") on others..

I mean how useful was it ...

"Hi Luke - you well mate.. ? Keeping fit ?"
"Hi Sam, you good ? What you thinking these days ?"
"Theo - buddy ... well whats up ?"
"Mark - yep ... the coaching thing not happening - heres the number for Qantas"

It is what is ...

But as you know I am completely biased in his favour ...

I do wonder what RM thinks cos the players wage bill looks a good million quid per annum lighter ... plus incoming cash from Hopper - plus as you know a clubs most valuable assetts are its players contracts and the value of the SUFC players has increased ,,, particularly Kelman and maybe Humphries .. plus the youngs uns in midfield ...

As a business man I would not be too gutted at the way things are going ..

The FF promised land is getting closer and I actually think having the high profile Sol at the club will be helpful for RM and SUFC ...

I preparing for a period of intensive therapy when he deserts us ....

I'm guessing you've never been a people manager then buddy, because what I've highlighted there is people management 101. It shows the people you manage that you give a ****, and if you show as a manager that you give a **** then you're more likely to stoke a good team spirit and have people ready to run through brick walls for you. Similarly, the opposite is detrimental to atmosphere and team spirit which, from what I've heard, the players' WhatsApp group message displays only too well.

It doesn't matter if Sol did or didn't know any of the things that you mentioned at the beginning of your message. It didn't prevent him from being a good manager.

Back