• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sol

Farmer Fossett

Youth Team⭐
I'm not sure if the exact reasons why Sol left the club although assume it was a financial decision i.e. we couldn't afford him and his team. I also have heard a few rumours regarding his authoritarian approach towards players and unsubstantiated rumours regarding his behaviour.

I do however believe he got the best out of a terrible squad. I genuinely believe things were improving towards the end of last season. Players such as Kelman, Gard, Phillips, Egbri, Clifford and Kinali were starting to show real promise. I know we have lost some experienced players but believe we would not be in this position if Sol had stayed.

It is disappointing that Phillips and Kinali have not featured since MM has taken over. I would also suggest that the form of the others including Kelman post sale to QPR) has deteriorated.

For all his faults I do believe Sol was a good Manager and we need someone with a similar personality to get us out of this mess.

I thought it was a genuine comparison between how players are performing under Sol compared to now. Don't think this has been fully debated before. I would appreciate if a mod could explain please?

I think it is more appropriate to be on the main discussion board. Haven't heard from a mod ad to why it was moved.

I think it is more appropriate to be on the main discussion board. Haven't heard from a mod ad to why it was moved.

Why is it? You’ve titled it Sol who has left us? If you wanted it to be a discussion on a comparison between the two managers tenures then Sol vs Molesley may have been a better title? Regardless of whether it is discussed in here or the main forum it will still get talked about if it’s a subject that interests people. Just look at how many replies the Bilel Mohsni thread has on here.

Plus there are plenty of threads currently running about Molesley and whether he is the right man for the job.

Last edited:
And most of us are completely fed up with the man.

Out of interest why? I'm not up to speed with the politics within the club so don't understand why fans are fed up with him.

As I have said in my post I believe Sol was starting to turn things around. I don't know why he left but assume it was a financial decision.

So I got deleted by admin.
I get that there is some concern over SZ being sued or similar but how comes those who claim to be in the know can continue to post comments alluding to similar to my post on the main Sol post which is closed to others? Surely that is as big a risk????

I'm not sure if the exact reasons why Sol left the club although assume it was a financial decision i.e. we couldn't afford him and his team. I also have heard a few rumours regarding his authoritarian approach towards players and unsubstantiated rumours regarding his behaviour.

I do however believe he got the best out of a terrible squad. I genuinely believe things were improving towards the end of last season. Players such as Kelman, Gard, Phillips, Egbri, Clifford and Kinali were starting to show real promise. I know we have lost some experienced players but believe we would not be in this position if Sol had stayed.

It is disappointing that Phillips and Kinali have not featured since MM has taken over. I would also suggest that the form of the others including Kelman post sale to QPR) has deteriorated.

For all his faults I do believe Sol was a good Manager and we need someone with a similar personality to get us out of this mess.
Sol might have been the figurehead but wasn't it Hreidarsson who had more interaction with the players?

i thnk there are a lot of unanswered questions about Sols time at the club.

i hope I am allowed to say that a small number of Zone posters had strong opinions and made everyone aware of them and really set the agenda. A lot if outcomes I was promised have not materialised.

I have my own positive views on Sols time coaching and managing at the club.

I am not sure if anyne will get to see this post or not

i thnk there are a lot of unanswered questions about Sols time at the club.

i hope I am allowed to say that a small number of Zone posters had strong opinions and made everyone aware of them and really set the agenda. A lot if outcomes I was promised have not materialised.

I have my own positive views on Sols time coaching and managing at the club.

I am not sure if anyne will get to see this post or not
An "agenda" to you is a truth to other people. You have been told, you just choose not to listen - that's on you. Ron Martin has alluded several times to his reservations about Sol's reign, and re-iterated in the Q&A last week that he was "a mistake".

I would imagine that there are some legal issues with what can and cannot be said, and so you probably won't hear much more officially.

Back