• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Solihull (a) - fixture announced for next Tuesday 26 March 7:45pm

£22 to watch a 9 game unbeaten, but poor performance, Southend in the south of Birmingham... With a terrible away form this season, and a terrible northern away form since Maher took over... (Or free/£10 if you stream...)

or

£25 to watch a fairly impressive England squad pre-Euros at Wembley, or free on the telly.

If we were chasing play offs, or playing for something, maybe I'd watch Southend. But I would rather watch England instead of Bridge stuttering on the edge of the box and Sandat not be able to head the ball...

Until it’s mathematically impossible, we are still chasing the playoffs.

Additionally, until we’re mathematically safe from relegation, we’ve still got every point to play for.

As for watching England, their build up play is even more drawn out than ours. And nevermind watching it live at Wembley. £8 a pint, Mexican waves and grown adults with air horns, foam fingers and flags. No ta.

Sounds like the NL overruled both clubs as they had agreed a different date

I guess this is exactly what happened. I imagine the NL said that they didn’t want a fixture arranged for the last week of the season just in case there was another postponement for any reason. Otherwise someone would be playing 3 games in the last 7 days.

Totally off topic - has the kick off time been decided for Rochdale? I presume it will be 5.30 so a game can be shown on TNT Sports.

I guess this is exactly what happened. I imagine the NL said that they didn’t want a fixture arranged for the last week of the season just in case there was another postponement for any reason. Otherwise someone would be playing 3 games in the last 7 days.

Totally off topic - has the kick off time been decided for Rochdale? I presume it will be 5.30 so a game can be shown on TNT Sports.
Far as I know its 1500 kick off.

£22 to watch a 9 game unbeaten, but poor performance, Southend in the south of Birmingham... With a terrible away form this season, and a terrible northern away form since Maher took over... (Or free/£10 if you stream...)

or

£25 to watch a fairly impressive England squad pre-Euros at Wembley, or free on the telly.

If we were chasing play offs, or playing for something, maybe I'd watch Southend. But I would rather watch England instead of Bridge stuttering on the edge of the box and Sandat not be able to head the ball...
Not sure if you're kidding (desperately looks for the fishing symbol but can't see it) but this must be a wind up. If not, please give your head a wobble!! I love watching England and have been to see them on multiple occasions over the years, but to chose them over SUFC at present, with your logic, is madness.

when was that? last game i remember was when Seamen got chipped from half way line against Brazil, probably a QF or something. I would go and watch Southend at AFC Fylde but wouldnt watch England in my back garden!
How have you arranged that fixture? lol

England v Brazil in a meaningless friendly or Dixon of Dock Green on Talking Pictures?
No contest.

SOUTHEND United had agreed to play Solihull Moors at a later date this season before being made to move it by the National League
The Shrimpers were expecting to take on Solihull in mid April after the original clash had to be postponed due to Moors’ run in the FA Trophy.

But the match will now be played at the ARMCO Arena on Tuesday

Blues boss Kevin Maher said: “Solihull and ourselves had agreed on a later date for the game but we’ve been overruled as such

“It is what it is and we’ll have to go Saturday, Tuesday, Friday, Monday which is a tough schedule at the end of a long hard season. “But we know we’ve got good characters in the changing room and we’ll be ready to go.”

The National League declined to comment.
Amateurs.

Reactions: TSG
• Closing Day – Saturday 20 April 2024
• Play-Off Eliminator A (5th v 6th) – Tuesday 23 April 2024
• Play-Eliminator B (4th v 7th) – Wednesday 24 April 2024
• Play-Off Semi-Finals – Sunday 28 April 2024
• National League Promotion Final – Saturday 4 May 2024

As you can see, it's a tight schedule to fit in with the available date for the final. I can understand them wanting to get games played before the final midweek if possible. We've had postponements in April before for various reasons.

The real issue on that one is leaving it so late before announcing the date. An extra week and a half would probably have been helpful for supporters to make arrangements.

Seated stand only, no terrace :Angry:
Yeah I thought terrace was available when I first looked but it's not an option now.
45 seated tickets sold so far, could this be the first time we have had less than 100 away fans at a league game in over 20 years!

Back