• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Solihull Moors 0-3 Southend Utd

I posted this post in the Pre Match thread. Please form an orderly queue, those involved, and explain yourselves. Smug mode engaged.

I'm sensing a 3-0 victory for the mighty Blues, just so I can see how the 'We're going to get spanked' brigade explain why they were talking out of their arses.:Moon:

I posted this post in the Pre Match thread. Please form an orderly queue, those involved, and explain yourselves. Smug mode engaged.

I'm sensing a 3-0 victory for the mighty Blues, just so I can see how the 'We're going to get spanked' brigade explain why they were talking out of their arses.:Moon:
Not quite as good, but: Maybe, just maybe, the lack of a big crowd and resulting pressure will play into our hands.
We did a job, but Moors gave us a country moor in which to play.
We had time to dwell on the ball and make a cup of tea at the same time.
If were Kev, I'd be very pleased about my team selection. If I were their boss, I'd be dismayed at a lack of fight, especially in their lofty slot.
Those who made it up there? You have my unreserved admiration!

First 20 minutes dire, after that absolutely lethal.

Collin 8 - show me a better young goalie prospect from league one down - you won't, guy is gonna have a big career. Brilliant saves, dominates his area.

Gus 7.5 - nothing really beat him down his side today and his usual affective self, rarely see his performance ever below a 7

Kensdale, Ralph, Taylor - 8 superb and has to be our best 3 centre back pairing, all good in the air, all mobile and all good with the ball at their feet, didn't put a foot wrong all game.

Bridge 7.5 - some great crossing today, was more direct, always looks a threat when he does that.

Coker 8.5 - right place, right time, twice with two composed finishes, just what we need in midfield. Like Collin plays well beyond his years

Cav - 7 battled Well, few little mistakes but nothing major

Wes 7 - nice direct drives at times but is prone to drifting out of games.

Dacker 9 MOM for me today. Might not of scored but he was everywhere! His ball carrying is insane for a man of his size. Good turn of speed. Given his finishing isn't the best I'm actually wondering if he could make it as an attacking midfielder. Was just sublime today.

Cards 8 - lovely finish, didn't do much else, but nothing wrong either.

Subs all 7

Great win, huge ask to get in the playoffs now, I think given results elsewhere tonight we would need to win every game to stand the faintest whiff of a chance. I smell another frustrating 8th place finish - this one is firmly on Ron for the 10 point deduction

English National League Table & Standings | Sporting Life

Get the latest English National League Table & Standings, plus tables from previous seasons and other leagues
www.sportinglife.com
www.sportinglife.com

Up to 10th now.

Good result.

Couldnt listen tonight,

So what was the difference?

Work rate?

Having coker, an actual attacking midfielder?

Dackers just having a good game?

Taylor back?

Solihull crap?

To think, some people decided to watch England in a meaningless friendly, over that.

I won’t gloat though……Nah **** it 🤣🤣🤣

Bossed the game. Good first 15 mins from Solihull and after that we were unstoppable. Could/should have been more than 3 tbh.

Thought Wes had a great game. No coincidence really, as I’ve been saying for a while that when him and Noor are on song, so are we. Taylor had a very welcome return and reiterated why he’s the clear POTY. Dackers was very good. Everyone else was fairly solid, nobody had a bad game.

Once again showing that we’re a solidified playoff team, who are *maybe* 3 or 4 signings away from being title contenders.

Good result.

Couldnt listen tonight,

So what was the difference?

Work rate?

Having coker, an actual attacking midfielder?

Dackers just having a good game?

Taylor back?

Solihull crap?
Bit of everything - I said when team was announced, that's almost the team that played superbly for the first 5 months of the seasons and so it was not too surprising we played well. But Solihull, apart from first 20mins were poor and allowed us to play.

Great result.

Gutted we couldn’t produce this level of attacking performance at home when playing teams we should be beating. Some of those draws would’ve been wins…. Meaning the play offs were a real chance.

Shame.

I thought Taylor was superb tonight and showed why he was a shoe-in for POTS before his injury.

Dackers also had his best game since returning on loan.

Great result against a play-off team, four clean sheets in a row now and eleven games unbeaten.

Shout out to the 187 who were able to travel at such short notice, hope you all have a safe journey home - take it easy on those wet roads!

One thing is for sure, every side in those playoffs will be happy we have the worst owner in history. If it wasn't for him, we'd be in the playoffs now. No team would want to play us in those play offs. When we are on it, we are a top side. We've proved that.

We've understandably had off days and had bad patches. Is it any wonder with no preseason and a squad of 12 at times?! Yet, against all adversity, we've still technically achieved enough points to be in the playoffs.

Just imagine what could happen with a good pre-season, some astute signings in the summer, new training pitches to play on and hopefully new ownership!

Last edited:
Back