• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Solihull Moors 0-3 Southend Utd

Well i did not see that coming , But i will iterate what i said very early in the season ,we have two very special talents in the team ,hopefully 3 id Wood is given a run off games to show his talent , the other two Colin is there a better young GK in any off the leagues , maybe Trafford cant think of any others of his age. and Coker i truly believe this young man is headed for a very very good career and pray we can hold onto him for a few more seasons. He reads the game well can find spaces and can score goals to me a natural 10. Play like this week in week out for rest of the season we wont lose many if any .

Just home. I predicted a 1-1 as couldn’t see us losing but to get a 3-0 away to a play off team is outstanding. We started really badly like many games recently but fortunately we didn’t concede. Once we got the first goal there was only one winner and we totally deserved the three points.

Colin was largely untroubled but did make an outstanding save at 1-0 and otherwise did well.

Defence after the early stages was rock solid and Taylor fitted back in as if he hadn’t missed a game and was my MOM

Midfield worked hard and Coker was rewarded with two goals. Miley was back to his best and Wes as frustrating as he can be did put a shift in

Cardwell did what Cardwell does. Worked his socks off and got a deserved goal with a lovely finish from a great run by Kensdale

Special mention for Dackers. I’m not his biggest fan but his run and set up for the second goal was brilliant, just a shame he doesn’t produce it every game as clearly there is ability there.

I stood with Waldrons family who were disappointed he didn’t get on but understand the situation. Hopefully he will get a start Friday as Kev seems to be rotating the squad

187 of us made the trip north and didn’t stop singing and got behind Kev and the boys and have come home with three points. Great reward

So on to Ebbsfleet and a massive away following hopefully will go home equally rewarded on Friday

11 unbeaten but those 6 draws have cost us the realistic chance of making the playoffs. If we had won 3 of those we’d be in with a shout but I fear it’s too late.

So what was the difference?
The opposition.

Some teams just match up better than others.

Remember this was the team we also had our biggest home win of the season against.

I expected to see a reaction though after Kev’s comments. Sometimes you have a bad day (Saturday), sometimes you have a good day (tonight). I really wouldn’t try and read too much into single performances. We’re a good team and this was a reversion to the mean, after an off day Saturday, against an opponent who struggles with us.

I thought Cav had a good game from what I could see on the stream although it’s not currently fashionable to praise him.

Dackers looks a much better player this year than he was last year. He’s stronger and more decisive on the ball (although I thought Solihull played him really poorly). I wasn’t keen on re-signing him based on what I saw last year but he has developed and I wouldn’t be disappointed if (when?) we sign him permanently in the summer. Really hope Cardwell gets another 4 goals so we don’t have to endure another off season talking about proven 20 goal a season strikers.

Taylor slotted in seamlessly at the back. He quietly had a very good game.

Nice to finally get a win at Solihull, I forever associated this place with one of (the many) low points of the Ron era when he decided it would be a good idea to come and see the fans when we were 2-0 down.

So, looking at the table we need to win all of our 5 remaining games and hope the 6th/7th teams fail to pick up many more points. Even if we had done a little better after Xmas, it still seems like we'd need other teams to choke to have slid in.

Once it does become a mathematical impossibility, maybe Kev will use the remaining 2 or 3 games to experiment with the system.

Like many, I never saw that result coming. I, have been crying out for the day that the shackles are taken off of Oli Coker and he plays his natural goal scoring midfield role; It's a role he played, with great success, all through his academy years.
I, just hope he now gets the chance to make the position his own, as I'm sure he will not only flourish, but also develop into a player other teams in our league (and leagues above) wish they had.

Just home. I predicted a 1-1 as couldn’t see us losing but to get a 3-0 away to a play off team is outstanding. We started really badly like many games recently but fortunately we didn’t concede. Once we got the first goal there was only one winner and we totally deserved the three points.

Colin was largely untroubled but did make an outstanding save at 1-0 and otherwise did well.

Defence after the early stages was rock solid and Taylor fitted back in as if he hadn’t missed a game and was my MOM

Midfield worked hard and Coker was rewarded with two goals. Miley was back to his best and Wes as frustrating as he can be did put a shift in

Cardwell did what Cardwell does. Worked his socks off and got a deserved goal with a lovely finish from a great run by Kensdale

Special mention for Dackers. I’m not his biggest fan but his run and set up for the second goal was brilliant, just a shame he doesn’t produce it every game as clearly there is ability there.

I stood with Waldrons family who were disappointed he didn’t get on but understand the situation. Hopefully he will get a start Friday as Kev seems to be rotating the squad

187 of us made the trip north and didn’t stop singing and got behind Kev and the boys and have come home with three points. Great reward

So on to Ebbsfleet and a massive away following hopefully will go home equally rewarded on Friday

11 unbeaten but those 6 draws have cost us the realistic chance of making the playoffs. If we had won 3 of those we’d be in with a shout but I fear it’s too late.

If any of our players produced it every game, they wouldn’t be our players for very long.

There is a reason these guys are our players, or at least our players on loan, and not playing at Wembley for their country instead.

After being off colour vs Woking we were definitely back in the pink tonight (groan!!). Solihull better start but then post 20 mins different team and we looked unstoppable. Great build up and assist play for all three goals and Dackers backers must be going crackers - where did THAT performance come from.
On the commentary front, thought the Nat TV Solihull boys were very fair and objective. Sadly lost connection in second half, but had the superb Nick Alliker to fall back on. Gutted to learn he is stepping down at the end of the season. Recognition due surely?

Stream was like viewing through a kaleidoscope at times as the match went on, and I hope they found that missing shoe that kept coming up on our screens during the monsoon! :Smile:

Felt sorry for Crowther missing out after one poor game, but oh my goodness, Harry Taylor is just superb and slotted back in seamlessly alongside a much more assured Kensdale. Ralph his usual solid self - commentators (before we lost them) mentioned how well he was doing against their very tall (6' 5") forward.

The key to the game though was that Solihull gave us the kind of space to play in which we've not seen in recent home games. Both Woking and Dorking hard pressed us on the ball so we didn't have room to play. Solihull gave us acres and we utilised that to the max.

Bridge, Fonguck, Dackers, plus Taylor and Kensdale, all confident and running happily with the ball to get into great positions. That solo run and set up for Oli's 2nd by Dackers was something else and he was my MOTM. Delighted for him as he'd been criticised by many.

Frustrating as Fonguck can be, last night he produced one of his excellent performances and Coker and Cav were good in their play too, with Oli showing what a goal scoring midfielder can do, not once, but twice. Sometimes it is just that being in the right place at the right time.

A final word for Collin, again their commentators were raving about him and showed, rightly, how highly he is regarded. He is a diamond in the making.

Every one of those players was a solid 8, with Taylor and Dackers 9s, and Dackers just edging the MOTM.

Interesting that some thought we were dire in the first 20 minutes. We no doubt expected Solihull to come out of the blocks at speed, and that is what they did. What we did was to absorb that rush and then built on it. I just didn't see it as dire, I saw it as tactically sound, but what do I know, I predicted a 3-0 result to Southend. (Yeah, I'm going to milk it).

Back