• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Solihull Moors 0-3 Southend Utd

Should be Ralph POTS imo!
Glad a few agree....ultimate pro, fairly injury free this season unlike Taylor
Puts in a quality performance every week and cannot see why anyone would viote otherwise?

I'm fighting a losing battle here I think. Bloody arm chair critic:Sorry:
Keep the faith - I was at the game and your observations from the armchair are correct. We were trying to do something in the first 20 but kept cocking it up (i.e. playing out from the back to beat their press). Thankfully, when we finally got it to work we scored and never looked back.

Haven't read every posting.
Just wanted to say that the match officials were excellent.
Hmmm...they called 50-50s for us on a number of occasions. Ours were singing; 'the lino is a Shrimper' with one dubious decision in our favour.
And the GSM drag back? I think the rain got in their eyes, mercifully...
If you are a Moors fan looking back at the highlights, you might have a different opinion.

Wrexham players were not off the beat. Mullin, Tozer and Palmer were all signed from much higher up on huge wages. We aren't going to do that.

Chesterfield did the same with Naylor and Grigg.

Stockport did the same with Paddy Madden.

We aren't in that shop window and therefore our signings are going to have their limitations. We may not like it but it's the reality.
So basically we are going to be in non league forever 😬.

I get and admire the new ethos and hope it works, but lets face it, its football, money talks. Im not talking about going bankrupt im seeing it as an investment to get back to the EFL, be interesting to see how the consortium handle it.

If I’m reading this right you’d rather we finish mid table than in the playoffs so the players can have a break?
No, I said "almost". Of course I would love us to make the playoffs!

I am just not convinced the playoffs are totally realistic, because the team has given everything to the cause just to keep us in the running, and being proved 100% wrong on that would make me very happy.

But if we dont make it, we can still chalk up a mid table finish as a successful season given the myriad of issues the club has been through. And if any team deserves a full close season break, our boys do!

But even the best players in the national league are still flawed though, otherwise they’d be playing higher. The players are at this level for a reason, whether they are passing through and going higher, on their way down, or just at their peak.

I’m not knocking them, just stating facts.
I am not sure about this. Some players are late developers, some player lose their way in a game where self-confidence is so crucial, and some players find themselves in the National League or below because they were not given a fair crack of the whip at an EFL club...

We were also fortunate enough to come up against Jon Benton at right wing back for Solihull.

Showed exactly why Maher was reluctant to play him. OK going forward but was very vulnerable defensively.

In the modern game, you have to be able to do both.
They are also short of defenders- I don’t think it’s the preferred option.for club or play. Although Solihull compounded the problem by not “doubling up” as some other teams have done effectively. Nonetheless they are a playoff side on merit

We don’t need to break the bank- just focus on 3-4 quality signings and find the money for that. The great majority of the squad is already in place.

How on earth can not making the play offs be our own making ? Just look at the sides we had to field around Christmas and before. Home to Fylde being a case in point. Football teams don't win every game, no matter who they are.
And of course I never said they should win every game but, don't let that stop you trotting out that old chestnut. Yes we have had extreme adversity this season and the players, in effort, have responded like a bunch of heroes. It is still my belief we dropped too many points because of the style of play. Who can fault the players? They must have been gutted, too often, to lose points and games after putting in a proper shift.

Of course it sounds like Maher bashing, and I do blame the tactics massively, but, he is also a favourite of mine and I want him to do well with us. Many will not want to hear it but, clearly, he has been slow to respond to lessons taught. If we don't turn the corner tactically, how long will he be the hero? Next season? Two seasons more? The team is learning and the coaching needs to move forward too. IMHO and I'm sticking to it

Last edited:
So basically we are going to be in non league forever 😬.

I get and admire the new ethos and hope it works, but lets face it, its football, money talks. Im not talking about going bankrupt im seeing it as an investment to get back to the EFL, be interesting to see how the consortium handle it.
I don’t think we need to spend fortunes. Wrexham and Notts County, that was a freak season. Chesterfield are head and shoulders above this season but they’ve been down here a while. They’ve been working towards it .. like we are now. Our day will come, whether that’s next season or the season after, we WILL get out of the NL. Imagine the satisfaction if we do it without spending silly money on players. I think next season will be the most enjoyable one in a loooong time.

A last word on our support, imagine how good it’d be if we were top 3. It’s already amazing now.

I don’t think we need to spend fortunes. Wrexham and Notts County, that was a freak season. Chesterfield are head and shoulders above this season but they’ve been down here a while. They’ve been working towards it .. like we are now. Our day will come, whether that’s next season or the season after, we WILL get out of the NL. Imagine the satisfaction if we do it without spending silly money on players. I think next season will be the most enjoyable one in a loooong time.
Certainly hope so.

2 or 3 top signings would be nice tho, and the rest talent from lower leagues, could be a nice balance.

Keep the faith - I was at the game and your observations from the armchair are correct. We were trying to do something in the first 20 but kept cocking it up (i.e. playing out from the back to beat their press). Thankfully, when we finally got it to work we scored and never looked back.
It's amazing how we can all watch the same event but all see it in different ways. The good thing is that on this subject everyone's views have been considered which makes discussion so much easier. a 3-0 win helps as well :Winking:

It's amazing how we can all watch the same event but all see it in different ways. The good thing is that on this subject everyone's views have been considered which makes discussion so much easier. a 3-0 win helps as well :Winking:
Was thinking just that when we had no commentary on the stream, which is ok, but then the fading camera that went to nothing. We were all able to joke about it but imagine if the score had been level and we missed seeing the winner (Zone meltdown) ! Being 3-0 up definitely helped.

Back