• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Song to TRY tomorrow at cup game?

Which of these songs should we try tomorrow?

• Bridge Over Troubled Water (Simon & Garfunkel)

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • I'm a Believer (Monkees)

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • The Lion Sleeps Tonight (various artists)

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Young Girl (Gary Puckett)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • None - Shut up and sit down!

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
There's a thread running called "loving feeling" where some of us have been playing with new songs to sing. These are the front 4 runners. We're not pushing for one of these to be the new club song - unless one of them really catches on. We just want a bit of originality to pick up the crowd and the team.

Last edited:
I really would love to hear the falsetto strains of the Lion Sleeps Tonight while I listen to the game over t'web :D

That'd put the fear into any visiting fans!

I really would love to hear the falsetto strains of the Lion Sleeps Tonight while I listen to the game over t'web :D

That'd put the fear into any visiting fans!
Perhaps we could train the family stand to perform! They would find it easier to get the high notes!

The version of "I'm a Believer" posted by Suffolk Blue yesterday was quality...

But as MK says, the humour value of 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight' would be great...!

The version of "I'm a Believer" posted by Suffolk Blue yesterday was quality...

But as MK says, the humour value of 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight' would be great...!

could change a few words around change jungle-roots hall, lion for leon ect, although that wouldnt work for the next 3 games, maybe they should play this song in the build up to the game see how it goes,

"the leon scores tonight!" could be a suitable adaptation of it!

There will hardly be any singing tomorrow anyway, so there is little chance of a new song catching on.

Best to stick with the old favourites & try to create some sort of atmosphere.

In the Roots Hall, the mighty Roots Hall
The Leon scores tonight!

(higher)
The Leon scores tonight!

ahhh weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee aahhh weee aahhh weee ah wumba whhheyyy!

The Leon scores tonight!

(higher)
The Leon scores tonight!

ahhh weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee aahhh weee aahhh weee ah wumba whhheyyy!
I look forward to hearing you! :)

Sounds like a good plan and with Luton being unreserved seating it will make it easier to group together. Shame I won't be there.

would be interesting to hear the song played in the build up to the game, i think this could take off, like you say may have to wait for the leon bit,

Am I the only one that thinks a rendition of "I want to be Bobbys girl" would do wonders for morale before this tense FA Cup clash?

Great idea to try to instigate a teram song. Whether it will work im not too sure but best luck to you for trying....beating apathy will be your biggest hurdle. What i do think though is that you should try to get whatever song you choose played on the PA system then sing along to it. Im sure a few emails to the club and they will happily put on a request.

I love the idea of the Lion Sleeps tonight (with whatever lyrics substituted).

Whatever song and words we choose it shouldn't have a restricted life-span. We don't want to adopt any anthem that includes the ground name or, worse still, a players name or the song becomes obsolete as soon as we move or the player moves on. We especially shouldn't base it on the name of a player who hasn't even signed for us (yet).

Back