• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend 0 Brighton 0

Matt - it seemed it was mostly the U-11's abusing David Lee and Nathan Jones.
Most abuse was (rightly) directed at their No.2 after his awful challenge on Gower. Also seemed to be something late-on involving their No.14 - anyone see what that was about?

It was all pantomime really - just boos nothing serious unlike Virgo who felt the full force of a Southend crowd's venom after his despicable tackle on Gower.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blue sky @ July 29 2004,11:06)]Matt - it seemed it was mostly the U-11's abusing David Lee and Nathan Jones.
"When I was a child I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man I put away childish things." (I Cor. xiii. 11.)

Ah, you've got to love the Bible... says it far more eloquently than I can.

cool.gif

So, let me get this straight - is David Lee still a Brighton player?

rock.gif

Matt

good game last night. i think we out played them until the last 30 mins or so when david lee and leon knight came on. Then they looked dangerous. David Lee nearly scoring from a free kick (he got a blinder for us once or twice from free kicks). Think we look like a team very capable of a promotion challenge this season.

would be good to see david lee back at southend, if he dont get a game there this year!. he is a good player and creates alot from midfield

One thing the ref missed and quite a lot of others as it was off the ball was Knights headbutt on Kightly. Good old Prior didn't and subsequently put him on his arse 2 mins later!

Also surprised at the number of Man City fans in the East stand last night!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shagster69 @ July 29 2004,11:14)]One thing the ref missed and quite a lot of others as it was off the ball was Knights headbutt on Kightly. Good old Prior didn't and subsequently put him on his arse 2 mins later!
Oh, is that what you were shouting about?

yeah thats correct, he has a 3 month contract. if it does not get extended do you think we could see him back here?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 29 2004,11:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shagster69 @ July 29 2004,11:14)]One thing the ref missed and quite a lot of others as it was off the ball was Knights headbutt on Kightly. Good old Prior didn't and subsequently put him on his arse 2 mins later!
Oh, is that what you were shouting about?
Yup

Well Lee certainly hedged his bets well with his comments in last night's Echo if the 3 months don't work out!

Bit disappointed to read about the abuse. Both Lee and Jones left to go to clubs clearly on the up when we were in the doldrums. I don't think any of us have the right to stand in the way of ambition.

The difference between them and Constantine/Rawle is they didn't lead fans and the club up the garden path on the way out of the door. In Constantines case I still fail to see how a move to Peterborough furthers his career, whereas Rawle's move to Oxford was to a club that everyone thought was going places.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ July 29 2004,11:14)]Matt, according to the EE he has been given a 3 month contract to prove himself.
Ah, thanks mate.

Fair enough - well, good luck to him.  Hope it works out for him - the Seagulls are, after all, two divisions above us.

And if it doesn't - like I said, I for one would be delighted if he came back to Roots Hall.

smile.gif

Matt

i heard a rumour that tilson asked about his avaliabilty last night after the game!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (max @ July 29 2004,11:33)]i heard a rumour that tilson asked about his avaliabilty last night!!!
I heard a rumour that Napster stayed injury free last night
tounge.gif
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote (Matt the Shrimp @ July 29 2004,11:29)
the Seagulls are, after all, two divisions above us.

if last night is anything to go by Matt, then not for long

dunno if that was there full strength side
rock.gif

according to their website afew trialists were playing

[b said:
Quote[/b] (max @ July 29 2004,11:33)]i heard a rumour that tilson asked about his avaliabilty last night after the game!!!
Would be good if true, but now with 22 pros at the club, someone would have to leave (Corbett or Husbands for instance) for Lee to return....

Back