• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend announce record Season Ticket sales

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
2,015 season tickets sold... a fantastic achievement.

biggrin.gif

Southend sell 2.015 season tickets...

Well done to all at the club - especially Tilly & Brush.

Matt

And to think it was about 20 years ago when the club had it's lowest ever league attendance (midweek v Halifax IIRC?) of less than half that figure... and that season was when if we got 2500 it was a big crowd. How times have changed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ June 14 2005,13:02)]And to think it was about 20 years ago when the club had it's lowest ever league attendance (midweek v Halifax IIRC?)
even 5 years ago we were struggling to get 2k for a Tuesday night game!

Yea can remember that halifax game with a completely empty south bank think man u wre on the telly that nite too. Was it 1,200 odd seem to remember that sort of figure.

yea remember a handful of us trying to get something going in the north bank to create a bit of athmosphere and keep us all warm.

was it bettered by a game v northampton in the vans trophy and we had frank lampard playing for us think crowd was just over 650 mark.

I'm thinking of getting Season Tickets for myself and my daughter in the family stand next season. I'm worried about getting stuck behind a post for a whole season, will they let you go into the stand to choose a seat with a view or do I have to take a chance?

A friend of mine went down and asked if he could select a seat and was allowed in to choose so i suppose it would not be a problem.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpergarry @ June 14 2005,13:38)]I'm thinking of getting Season Tickets for myself and my daughter in the family stand next season. I'm worried about getting stuck behind a post for a whole season, will they let you go into the stand to choose a seat with a view or do I have to take a chance?
Yes they will let you.

Give them a ring - they're usually pretty helpful like that in my experience.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ June 14 2005,13:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (northbankblue @ June 14 2005,13:24)]Yea can remember that halifax game with a completely empty south bank think man u wre on the telly that nite too. Was it 1,200 odd seem to remember that sort of figure.
Even lower than that I think. 1,070 odd?
Was 1,006.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ June 14 2005,13:02)]And to think it was about 20 years ago when the club had it's lowest ever league attendance (midweek v Halifax IIRC?) of less than half that figure... and that season was when if we got 2500 it was a big crowd.  How times have changed.
And our average in 84/85 was well below 2,000.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 14 2005,14:33)]I thought our record low attendance was below 1000 - about 976?  
rock.gif
Record low in the league was 1,006 v Halifax in 84/85.

Low for all gameas was 650 odd v Northampton in the Associate Members (now LDV) cup in also, I think, 84/85.

i was a season ticket holder last season in South upper with my dad and brother but i cant buy one this year as i am off to uni. *wipes tears from eyes*

Hopefully the rise in season ticket sales will be accompanied by some good league gates this season, whilst I don't expect to see 7000+ every game it would be nice if we could attract 6-6500 for home games. Sadly, If we are struggling I fear the gate may drop to the 4-4500 mark.....

Still, when you compare that to the figures above, maybe it's not THAT bad...!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ June 14 2005,14:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 14 2005,14:33)]I thought our record low attendance was below 1000 - about 976?  
rock.gif
Record low in the league was 1,006 v Halifax in 84/85.

Low for all gameas was 650 odd v Northampton in the Associate Members (now LDV) cup in also, I think, 84/85.
The Halifax game was (surprisingly given that it wasn't a bad season) actually in 85/86. I got the attendance right though
biggrin.gif

Haven't been able to track down the exact year and attendance for the Northampton game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ June 14 2005,14:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ June 14 2005,13:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (northbankblue @ June 14 2005,13:24)]Yea can remember that halifax game with a completely empty south bank think man u wre on the telly that nite too. Was it 1,200 odd seem to remember that sort of figure.
Even lower than that I think. 1,070 odd?
Was 1,006.
The 6 were probably from the 'Fax.

Back