• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Convicts XI

J

The Chameleon
a very interesting discussion arose on the way back today, on the train, and that was southends all time top 11 convicts as players. I have come up with the following,

in goal, Darryl Flahavan (We all know what supposedly happened)

in the back so far,
leo roget (supposed theft of shinpads from sports store??)
Bill garner (gbh- hit someone round the back of the cannister repeatadly ....apparently)

midfield-
rikki otto (drug dealing suspicion)

anymore??? please contribute...
can anybody confirm the above?

Garner was a forward.

Predictable comment, but it was always criminal when Shane Westley was picked to play in the 80's.

I wonder if the Bristol Rovers chat room is running a similar thread to this.

David Roche - played once in the mid 90's. Was then kneecapped in Newcastle and jailed for something or other. Midfielder.

in goal, Darryl Flahavan (We all know what supposedly happened)

in the back so far,
leo roget (supposed theft of shinpads from sports store??)

midfield-
rikki otto (drug dealing suspicion)
David Roche - (played once in the mid 90's. Was then kneecapped in Newcastle and jailed for something or other. )

forwards-
Bill garner,
Collymore, (in France, in a bar..all know what happened there!)
tes bramble, drink driving

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Feb. 19 2005,20:44)]Didn't Tes get done for drink driving once?
laugh.gif
He hid from the police behind a bush.

Kevin O'Callaghan and Bobby Moore were both behind bars in Escape to Victory ?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lordlumpington @ Feb. 19 2005,21:46)]Kevin O'Callaghan and Bobby Moore were both behind bars in Escape to Victory ?

rock.gif
Actually, Bobby Moore was arrested for theft in Ecuador prior to the 1970 World Cup so he can be the manager...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Feb. 19 2005,22:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lordlumpington @ Feb. 19 2005,21:46)]Kevin O'Callaghan and Bobby Moore were both behind bars in Escape to Victory ?

rock.gif
Actually, Bobby Moore was arrested for theft in Ecuador prior to the 1970 World Cup so he can be the manager...
Surely that should be Alvin Martin for crimes against Southend United
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Feb. 19 2005,22:23)]
[b said:

rock.gif
Was he convicted though?

If we do it soley on allegations. Well....

Anton Johnson would be chairman, and Leo Roget (already mentioned), was once arrested for alledgedly assaulting a lass.

Gary Bennett was arrested for armed robbery after he left us. I think he was let off as it was a case of mistaken identity if I remember correctly.

Dave Cusak was done for something or other I believe too.

I thought Otto actually did time for armed robbery years befor he joined us.

Then add to that "alledgedly" - liasons with Peter Taylors young daughter
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Feb. 20 2005,08:00)]did jamie stewart get nicked for his drug activities ?
Not that I'm aware of.

Alvin Williams died last year.

Dave Cusack I'm not sure, but several posters know him better than I do.

I'm sure Donut got charged with something.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 20 2005,17:00)]I'm sure Donut got charged with something.
DUI a few years back I believe ...

WS

Back