• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Manor FC

Have already been to Manor last season with WS Junior - the Manager, Assistant Manger and First Team Coach are all SUFC fans so there is already a connection with us! Had a cracking afternoon there and the tea is a lot better than Roots Hall.

They have just redesigned their badge (I think by one of the ShrimperZone family?) and will have a proper online store with their kit etc made by Errea so won't be too shabby.

Have big plans in progress there and I for one will be popping along whenever time allows. Hopefully they will move their midweek games to Wednesday's so there won't be a clash with United.

Have already been to Manor last season with WS Junior - the Manager, Assistant Manger and First Team Coach are all SUFC fans so there is already a connection with us! Had a cracking afternoon there and the tea is a lot better than Roots Hall.

They have just redesigned their badge (I think by one of the ShrimperZone family?) and will have a proper online store with their kit etc made by Errea so won't be too shabby.

Have big plans in progress there and I for one will be popping along whenever time allows. Hopefully they will move their midweek games to Wednesday's so there won't be a clash with United.
Bespoke kit aswell ? concepts look very nice

And yes, logo was indeed done by a member of Shrimperzone ??

I will be moving to Sudbury this year, so I probably adopt AFC Sudbury or Long Melford FC as an local to go and watch. I will pick & choose which Southend Utd game I can go and watch. If Boston come up, I probably travel there.
AFC Sudbury have a decent set-up for the level, and quite a tidy ground. It's a bit out of town but a pleasant walk along the disused railway line to get there. If they're doing well they can attract decent crowds. Melford is much more rustic and the ground is a bit care-worn. It's overlooked by housing on two sides so it feels like you're watching the game in someone's back garden! Nice friendly club though, and they've just built a fancy new clubhouse.

As well as Sudbury and Long Melford, there's also Cornard United not far away, plus Halstead Town is only a few miles to the South-West and they have a very nice ground for the level (Step 5 - Essex Senior League).

Ex Manor here, so would like to see them progress as a former player. They used to win Borough and Alliance every year and stepped up from there ages ago, but alas never progressed any further.
Also recall a lot of ex Blues players heading there when they made the jump.

AFC Sudbury have a decent set-up for the level, and quite a tidy ground. It's a bit out of town but a pleasant walk along the disused railway line to get there. If they're doing well they can attract decent crowds. Melford is much more rustic and the ground is a bit care-worn. It's overlooked by housing on two sides so it feels like you're watching the game in someone's back garden! Nice friendly club though, and they've just built a fancy new clubhouse.

As well as Sudbury and Long Melford, there's also Cornard United not far away, plus Halstead Town is only a few miles to the South-West and they have a very nice ground for the level (Step 5 - Essex Senior League).
That where I can get my football fix, so I have nice options to go to watch football. Hopefully AFC Sudbury make another FA Cup run and get an bigger club in 1st round draw, Southend Utd!

It would be nice for SUFC to send a team to play in a pre-season friendly ,like they do at Wakering.
Even a youth team would help the club boost finances, especially after the vandals of a few weeks ago

Ex Manor here, so would like to see them progress as a former player. They used to win Borough and Alliance every year and stepped up from there ages ago, but alas never progressed any further.
Also recall a lot of ex Blues players heading there when they made the jump.
Didn't Mervyn Cawston play for them?

gosh when i was a kid ,i can remember going to Southchurch park and watching teams like Thorpe Athletic, Monarch Sports ,playing .
You may remember that Southchurch park had a cricket week each year when Essex CC would play league matches and I even remember an Australia tourist side playing. I also played on the park regularly for Thorpe Athletic as it was their home ground for many years and played against Southend Manor on many occasions before they turned semi-pro. Can also remember our manager/club secretary sitting by the lake waiting for our match ball to float back.

One of the biggest problems for Manor is Southend council rising them for about £10,000 per year for the pitch and changing facilities.

Still I comfort myself knowing that the Dressage team will be well funded for the next Olympics......Sport for all my a***

When my house purchase eventually goes through in the next few years, my new local non-league team will be Chatham United and the ground will be a 10 minute walk away. They play in Southern Counties East Prem, which I think is the same level as the Essex Senior. So might take myself along to see a game or two there.

If Manor start doing stuff then I may go to watch them too!
Chatham will be back in the Isthmian next season, fnished as runners up in Southern Counties East this past season

When my house purchase eventually goes through in the next few years, my new local non-league team will be Chatham United and the ground will be a 10 minute walk away. They play in Southern Counties East Prem, which I think is the same level as the Essex Senior. So might take myself along to see a game or two there.

If Manor start doing stuff then I may go to watch them too!

Do they groundshare with Chatham Town ? :Winking:

I will be moving to Sudbury this year, so I probably adopt AFC Sudbury or Long Melford FC as an local to go and watch. I will pick & choose which Southend Utd game I can go and watch. If Boston come up, I probably travel there.
went to watch Basildon United at Sudbury last game of the season, lovely ground and nice bar area, would be nice to meet up next season and have a drink and watch the game when Basildon come to town

if I'm not watching the Blues, then its Basildon United home and away fro me, have been to some wonderful little grounds this season

I don't mind the odd Concord Rangers game if Blues are away and I'm not going

Back