• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Manor Youth - Coaches Required **FREE Level 1 Coaching Course**

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
All,

Southend Manor YFC are growing rapidly and there are lots of kids that need coaching and managing for their respective Sunday games for the new season, starting in September. The age groups could be anything from 7-15 years.

If you fancy giving it a shot and picking up your F.A. coaching badges along the way, then get in touch.

No experience required and you will receive full support every step of the way.

It is a great little club and you never know, one day one of these kids you coach, may end up playing for Blues.

Last edited:
**BUMP**

Coaches required ASAP. Qualified or not.....

If anyone fancies getting into it and/or bring your child down to the club. Give me a shout.

I did this for Manor and coached the under 7's for just over a year before passing the role on as unfortunately I had to move to go to uni so wouldn't be able to continue. It was a great experience, the kids and the club are great and help you with everything you need. If you want to get into coaching then there is no better way to do it, and the club will help you to do your Level 1 coaching qualification too. Can't recommend doing this enough, it was a great experience and I only wish I could have stayed longer! Hope you find what you need soon Smiffy.

I did this for Manor and coached the under 7's for just over a year before passing the role on as unfortunately I had to move to go to uni so wouldn't be able to continue. It was a great experience, the kids and the club are great and help you with everything you need. If you want to get into coaching then there is no better way to do it, and the club will help you to do your Level 1 coaching qualification too. Can't recommend doing this enough, it was a great experience and I only wish I could have stayed longer! Hope you find what you need soon Smiffy.

Cheers Sam. Was a shame you had to leave. The boys are still doing very well :thumbsup:

**BUMP**

Coaches required ASAP. Qualified or not.....

If anyone fancies getting into it and/or bring your child down to the club. Give me a shout.

We can offer FREE Level 1 FA Coaching courses, which are normally £130. So this is a cracking offer.​

If I don't get over these injuries for next season I may well go back into coaching and the management side of things, being a ex manor player and that I would say what a great youth set up you have there and wish you all the best for the future, I would def give it a go but would miss the playing side to much, it's the next best thing tho coaching:thumbsup:

Smiffy, what happened about the problems with Southend Manors chairman did that get resolved in the end?

Smiffy, what happened about the problems with Southend Manors chairman did that get resolved in the end?

Looking at Smiffrys new Avatar 'Southendian Manor YFC. Est 2014' as opposed to 'Southend Manor YFC' I would guess things were resolved in a friendly amicable fashion.

Current Southend manor chairman is a bit of a waste of space really, he was in railway after Mondays game, where I used to have a chat with him in past I just avoided him Monday as I could just tell what rubbish was gonna come out of his mouth, can't even believe what made him think about kicking out manor youth sides, don't bode well for the first team tho eh, it will be back to the borough combination very soon I'm afraid.

In short we have gone our separate ways, as the Senior Chairman demanded far too much money to remain "part" of the Senior club. Which would of meant pricing out most of the parents/kids currently involved. A real shame, but we had to look after the kids.

We have now linked up with Old Southendian FC (Hence the "Southendian" prefix to our new name and have big plans in place to be part of a huge multi-million pound Community Sports project. Which if all comes to fruition will provide our kids with the best facilities around.

When one door closes another opens and all that.

Anyway, If anyone wants to be part of it, whether it is your child (3-16 years boy or girl) or you fancy trying your hand at coaching. Give me a shout.

We are also looking for a large shirt sponsorship deal with a local/national company, which will see a company logo plastered all over 400 childrens kits every week. If anyone knows/works for any such company, again please give me a shout. Unfortunately as we have been forced into a name change, now comes the painstaking process of purchasing new kit, with new badge etc. Which all told will cost around £20,000 :sad:

Current Southend manor chairman is a bit of a waste of space really, he was in railway after Mondays game, where I used to have a chat with him in past I just avoided him Monday as I could just tell what rubbish was gonna come out of his mouth, can't even believe what made him think about kicking out manor youth sides, don't bode well for the first team tho eh, it will be back to the borough combination very soon I'm afraid.

His decision baffled us as well mate. He had one of the biggest Youth sections at his disposal there, with some unbelievably talented kids coming through. But there you go. His loss and the First Team have gone right down the pan, with I think no wins in 20 odd matches, putting them on the brink of Olympian football. The manager left today and most of the back room staff have gone as well. Not looking good for them, which is a real shame. As they were one of the strongest Essex Senior sides going and not that long ago were making headlines in the FA Cup.

His decision baffled us as well mate. He had one of the biggest Youth sections at his disposal there, with some unbelievably talented kids coming through. But there you go. His loss and the First Team have gone right down the pan, with I think no wins in 20 odd matches, putting them on the brink of Olympian football. The manager left today and most of the back room staff have gone as well. Not looking good for them, which is a real shame. As they were one of the strongest Essex Senior sides going and not that long ago were making headlines in the FA Cup.
well good luck in joining a partnership with old southendian, a good club with a bright future and a good set up, you will all go from strength to strength now, top stuff:thumbsup:

Glad to hear there is light at the end of the tunnel for you even without him on board. So will the youth club have contacts with Southend and give trials to kids with the view of them joining the SUFC youth set up?

well good luck in joining a partnership with old southendian, a good club with a bright future and a good set up, you will all go from strength to strength now, top stuff:thumbsup:

Thanks mate. The Southendian guys are a fantastic bunch with a great ethos. Our kids current and future will benefit greatly from this link up and that is all that matters to us at the end of the day. We exist to give all kids the chance to play football and for those that want it, a chance to realise their dreams. Onwards and upwards!

Glad to hear there is light at the end of the tunnel for you even without him on board. So will the youth club have contacts with Southend and give trials to kids with the view of them joining the SUFC youth set up?

For sure. A number of our kids have or are already in the SUFC setup. That will only increase as we continue to grow. A large majority of our coaches are Blues through and through, so it always gives us a sense of achievement when a lad moves from us into the SUFC academy.

For sure. A number of our kids have or are already in the SUFC setup. That will only increase as we continue to grow. A large majority of our coaches are Blues through and through, so it always gives us a sense of achievement when a lad moves from us into the SUFC academy.

Excellent news, I tip my hat to you. A truly great thing your doing for the area, for the community, the kids and for the future of Southend United. Keep it up :smile:

Back